The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally got me car back!

Gaz6002

Well I can finally say I've got my car back. It's been 4 and a half months since my ill-fated trip to the Nurburgring which cost me an engine, 4 turbos, a rad and a thermostat. Oh, and a single turbo conversion.

The car made 463bhp/460lbft at the hubs at Thor and to say it feels fast is a bit of an understatement! I've only driven her on a few dry roads to give it some but the way it boosts now is simply amazing. I've got a few more tweaks to do before it's 100% done but the airbox seems to be working very well and the engine is working very efficiently so far. All AFRs look spot-on, EGTs haven't risen above 630 degrees (without any heatwrap on yet :blink:) and the car generally feels like it was meant to have a T61 from the factory. For full spec see my newly updated garage.

I'd like to say a big thank you to Toyota GT for all the work they've put in, all the custom bits i've asked for and for being so patient. Also, big thanks go to Ryan G for his help and support as the project has come together. His expertise is a big asset to this forum and long may it continue. Finally, thanks to Thor Racing for helping to sort out the final teething issues that I just couldn't get my head around. They even polished my car for me whilst it was there. VERY impressed with their service :)

Here's some pics of the car in it's current spec (nearly, a few minor tweaks since they were taken).

I can't stop smiling :):):) and I just want to drive it everywhere!! I went into the Shell garage yesterday and the cashier handed me a loyalty card pack... I think he's trying to tell me something.

What a PITA, but i guess in the end it all came together, just dont think about what u spent on it or ul freak out, hehe, looks very nice fair play!!! Get some vid clips up ;)

EDIT: just noticed that u posted RWHP which is very impressive! nice torque too :D :D, bet it pulls like fooook

What a PITA, but i guess in the end it all came together, just dont think about what u spent on it or ul freak out, hehe, looks very nice fair play!!! Get some vid clips up ;)

EDIT: just noticed that u posted RWHP which is very impressive! nice torque too :D :D, bet it pulls like fooook

Oh yes, it pulls VERY strong.

Here is the only vid i've got:

:D

Before i start searching is there anything on here detailing what went wrong at the ring? I'd be interested to take a read :)

Car looks great btw!

I blew a hole in the rad (known problem with the Supra) and it all went downhill from there.

My personal feeling is that proper coolant wasn't used when the car was in Japan. I say this because i've had to replace the entire coolant system at one point or another, heater matrix included and none of it was in a good state of repair. Needless to say i'm only using Red MrT stuff now.

Glad you got it back alright mate

Just to add thor racing ended up mapping it to 1.4bar to create the above power.

When i was mapping it we came into problems with it not making more than 1bar so i only got it to 482bhp and 460fltb at 1bar. Be interesting to see what it makes at SRR on sunday :)