The mkiv Supra Owners Club

any ballpark figures??

jaw

Hi all, just a quick question. I've had the supra up for a little while for sale, as it's just costing too much! I need to move out, and am planning to buy a nasp supra as soon as my TT goes but I've had some silly offers, and just woundered if I could grab some more experienced views!

It's up for sale at £5600, it's a silver TT GZ (J-Spec), full leather, cruise control, air con, boost guage, painted interior, cat-back system, in car pc and sub woofer set up, active spoiler, heated mirrors etc, paintwork nearly flawless bar a scuff on the front from a cyclist, K reg, just shy of 100k miles.

Am I asking a reasonable price?

Many Thanks!

I suppose my timing wasn't great! someone's offered £4.6k, I'm tempted to accept, but it just seems so low! I don't want to hold on to it too long a) because I'll be needing the money, and b) because the mileage will increase and damage my chance at a good price even more!

some pics:image

The only thing that lets it down is that the wheels could do with a respray/refurb. not badly kerbed at all, its just the discolouration. they're not hideous though.

more are here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=130320

You wouldnt want to let it go for any less. thats all ready cheap in my opinion. Having said that, winter aint the time to sell a car that handles like crap in the wet

does he have suspension problems or something ?

Supras are not bad handling cars either in the dry or wet.

Mostly its the driver who can not adjust to the conditions rather than any handling issues.

;)

what a wierd place to mount a stereo!

lol t'is indeed - it's because the touch screen is in the double din slot! only other place available really!

I havent had any issues handling wise, and I was driving in snow, silly amounts of rain and mud! what a day that was!

does he have suspension problems or something ?

Supras are not bad handling cars either in the dry or wet.

Mostly its the driver who can not adjust to the conditions rather than any handling issues.

;)

bit off topic. but found this video the other day and the supras performance in the wet is awesome

I've seen similar/same spec supras go for £7.5k-8k and maybe a bit more on here and on ebay.

Its hard to tell without actually seeing yours in person. It would definately be on my list of 'supes to see' if I was buying right now :)

That's encouraging! It's annoying because at the same time I really need a sale! wouldn't looking for 7k put off more buyers than pricing low though really? that said, 2k is 2k!

edit: after looking around, ones I've seen for £7k are very low mileage generally, with a good set of alloys, so I'm thinking it's a bit optimistic?

That's encouraging! It's annoying because at the same time I really need a sale! wouldn't looking for 7k put off more buyers than pricing low though really? that said, 2k is 2k!

edit: after looking around, ones I've seen for £7k are very low mileage generally, with a good set of alloys, so I'm thinking it's a bit optimistic?

twas just my opinion :) Its worth what someone is willing to pay for it. And like others have said already its the wrong time of year to be selling anyway. Is there no way you can hold out until spring? (march/april)

:) thanks anyway, It's a good indication, I might raise the price slightly! say 6.5k?

I bought for £5k but that was with virtually no mot or tax!

I'd perfer not to wait really, by then I would've probably added another 5k if not more to the mileage, and I'm hopefully moving out in jan, which means i'll struggle insuring it and paying rent and all other costs! It's the same story with my old car, a convertible and sold in september, loosing a grand!! typical :rolleyes:

bit off topic. but found this video the other day and the supras performance in the wet is awesome

excellent vid...never seen that one before

Back on topic.... stick to your asking price. Its purely down to the time of year as to why you may not have had much interest.

thanks all - I think I'm going to go down the route of taking the ice out and trying for my current asking for circa £6k ono.. It's a balance between desperatley needing a sale, and not getting ripped off (have an offer of 4.6k at the moment!) £7k is too high to get it sold due to it being winter, but I will have done many thousands of miles more by the spring, so it's not really viable to keep it til then if I'm going to then sell for what I'll potentially get now?

I have to say I wouldn't consider that offer to be derisive, in fact if you are wanting to sell it this side of Xmas I'd grab it! Mortgages are going up, the market for elderly semi exotica won't be good ;(

I agree as i have more or less sold my supra hks single turbo 6 speed top secret bodykit etc for just over 10k, and it is a 96 facelift car with 47k miles in black.

Had mine advertised for a few weeks with not much interest then dropped my price from 11.5k to 10.5k and got loads of interest.

Petrol prices are not helping as is the time of year so if u can not wait take the money now as if fuel keeps rising it might affect values even more.

thanks, I'll take that into consideration! It'l pain me to let it go for that, but needs must and all that - i'll save in the long run.. have to think about it really. Thats boosted my confidence a little really, if you sold yours for 1.5k less! out of interest, has the market for higher performance cars been effected that much by the petrol prices?

thanks, I'll take that into consideration! It'l pain me to let it go for that, but needs must and all that - i'll save in the long run.. have to think about it really. Thats boosted my confidence a little really, if you sold yours for 1.5k less! out of interest, has the market for higher performance cars been effected that much by the petrol prices?

It's pure pain mate as i know how you feel. I have spent more on my supe over last 2 years than i'm letting her go for, so very painfull indeed.

Petrol prices have affected market but u know the saying ..if u can afford to buy it u can afford to run it.

I know a few lads who are holding back on buying big engine cars as they expect prices too fall if petrol keeps rising.

I recently drove a twin turbo diesel bmw and can see why alot of people are buying diesels.