_Shane_

Hi guys,

this has probably been covered a few times so

if it has i apologise for asking again

What turbos are good for 700+ bhp ???

thinkin of converting my twin to a single turbo

cheers

shane

Quite a few. Just comes down what u need it for i.e track,drag etc and if lag bothers you, your driving style etc.

To start you off Hks T51 and Hks TO4r.

we got fuk all big power supra's around here where im from, few standard enough

ones alrite, was going buying the rods,pistons etc myself and just gettin

a proper garage to do the build for me

just lookin at sourcin a good turbo and ecu now,thinkin motec but will enquire more

Having owned (and maintained) a 700+ BHP car and a few 500 BHP cars I know which I would build if I started again, 700 BHP is OTT for todays roads IMO and is very expensive to keep running, a well set up 500 BHP car with a quick spooling turbo will in a lot of cases be quicker on B roads as well and a hell of a lot more reliable

Having owned (and maintained) a 700+ BHP car and a few 500 BHP cars I know which I would build if I started again, 700 BHP is OTT for todays roads IMO and is very expensive to keep running, a well set up 500 BHP car with a quick spooling turbo will in a lot of cases be quicker on B roads as well and a hell of a lot more reliable

Agreed.. Whats the point of 700hp when u can't drive it.. At 1.4 Bar mines pretty much insane and damn near the 700 region on the road....

I class my car in this weather as undrivable at that boost pressure..

hell at .8 bar its still pretty crazy....

You will probably find that 500 hp supras are faster than 700hp supras. due to better tracktion and being more drivable on boost.

we got fuk all big power supra's around here where im from, few standard enough

ones alrite, was going buying the rods,pistons etc myself and just gettin

a proper garage to do the build for me

just lookin at sourcin a good turbo and ecu now,thinkin motec but will enquire more

IIRC they don't sell super+ unleaded over there do they? So that mey be your first stumbling block. Unless you're going to run on race fuel or pop north for some V Power?

we used to have some 98 octane for sale here in texaco garages a few years

ago but that is now gone :(

there is a new type of fuel comin available soon E85 its called, its 98 octane

what ye guys runnin over there ?

E85 is BioEthanol, this will require a suitable fueling system to be put in place to run it. And it's actually closer to 104Ron but has a far worse MPG rating.

We have E5 and E85 here now, E5 is what can be used in most cars here, yes ur right alex the e85 requires a conversion for your car.. its only relatively new this E5 stuff but maxol say its rating is 99.3ron so will have to wait and see how it works out!!