The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Halfrauds

keancy

Hehe, went on a Sunday trip out today, in pi**ing rain. Of to Halford where we spent £80 on Waxoil, Oil, Carwash, polish and a microfibre cloth for the baby.

On our travels we passed 3 petrol stations and not one of them sells Super Unleaded tsk. Ended up having to get normal unleaded mixed with Redex Octane Boost. So thats only one petrol station within a 15 odd mile radius that I know does sell it. in Wadebridge :blink:

try http://www.petrolprices.com on there it tells you the nearest petrol stations to you that sell super etc

Yup, as I thought.

Your search for "mypostcode" found 5 petrol stations within 10 miles.

Including your 2 closest stations: Rockland Garage (Regent), and The Garage (Keltic).

Unleaded Diesel LRP Super LPG see the cheapest stations

The Highest price in this area: 103.9p 105.9p n/a n/a n/a

The Average price in this area: 103.4p 105.2p n/a n/a n/a

The Lowest price in this area: 102.9p 104.9p n/a n/a n/a

No super unleaded lol. Looks like I might have to find an unlimited online Redex supply.

Garage we bought car off said we didn't need to but it would run much better with that then your normal unleaded!!

I wouldnt use normal unleaded if i were you!!

Also octane booster sucks it doesnt actually increase the octane in fact in some tests it actually reduces performance.

These cars were setup to run with 100 octane fuel so imho its v power all the time.

Garage we bought car off said we didn't need to but it would run much better with that then your normal unleaded!!

Before I went BPU the difference in acceleration between unleaded and super unleaded was quite distinct. The higher octane fuel had a noticeable "punch" as the revs increased. I used to use ordinary fuel for commuting and "shopping" but super unleaded for "proper" driving. I would recommend this regime if you want to save a few pennies and still get the most out of the car outside of towns

Still confused, do I just use unleaded then or "must" use super unleaded or premium what ever it's called????

To be honest all I do all week is go back and forth to work, 3-4 miles each way, then hubby goes to work in it once a week about 20 miles, and the occasional shopping trip 20 odd miles.

Perhaps I could get away with unleaded then :p