The mkiv Supra Owners Club

replacing auto lever how easy

liam1

Just twist the neck of the knob to find the screws, pull off the knob and snip the 2 wires in the middle, connect the other end of the wires to the new knob and then connect the both wires together and push the knob back on.

That's what i did.

Hope you can understand that:d

£25 sweet! i was just thinking about getting one the other day as mine is quite worn, i was expecting it to be around £50 :D, does any one know how much the leather part of the hand break cost's as well as mine is worn.

Hi,

not sure on the costs of a handbrake leather, but i did have a thread going about costs of replacing both a handbrake and auto gear lever leather as mine were scuffed and pitted.

thread - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=125841

Their is information there which may help you.

Looks like it can cost around 75GBP to recover both auto lever and handbrake, from the info TNT gave.

Nic can supply complete handbrakes at a good price (62GBP inc postage), i would have got one but managed to buy one from Nicholas (Miami) on forum. funnily enough the handbrake i got was original from Nic anyway. lol

Another thing, on my handbrake, like others, i have the shiny handbrake grip covering and never liked it. The handbrake Nic supplies has the nicer matching leather.

ja ne

Ian

(p.s. can't believe i actually answered a question in Supra Chat, rare for me, lol. normally Off Topic for the most part)

Just twist the neck of the knob to find the screws, pull off the knob and snip the 2 wires in the middle, connect the other end of the wires to the new knob and then connect the both wires together and push the knob back on.

That's what i did.

Hope you can understand that:d

yep thats what i did took 30mins