The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Skyline vs. Supra - my impressions

Carl_S

I've been driving a skyline r33 around for the best part of the year, now I have a supra and the difference is staggering.

Not talking so much about the power, I mean the build quality its a world apart. The skyline seems plasticky and like a toy, or a mondeo, or a cavalier. The swiches and the sound of the door close and everything appears to be more solid than the r33. I love it.

There is also i kinda of vintage futuristic feel.. especially with the supra i have. The way it feels so solid on the road and stable at speeds is amazing. I guess my skyline days prepared me for these days of supra ownership.

(I did own widebodied supras before, but they were the mk2 version - which is probably why i went for widebody this time - love the look so much.)

Carl :)

I've been driving a skyline r33 around for the best part of the year, now I have a supra and the difference is staggering.

Not talking so much about the power, I mean the build quality its a world apart. The skyline seems plasticky and like a toy, or a mondeo, or a cavalier. The swiches and the sound of the door close and everything appears to be more solid than the r33. I love it.

There is also i kinda of vintage futuristic feel.. especially with the supra i have. The way it feels so solid on the road and stable at speeds is amazing. I guess my skyline days prepared me for these days of supra ownership.

(I did own widebodied supras before, but they were the mk2 version - which is probably why i went for widebody this time - love the look so much.)

Good good, love the GTR myself, u are talking about a 2.6 TT GTR yeah and not the 2.5 turbo gts?

Nah mate im talking about the GTS 2.5 turbo- never experienced the GTR.

The R34 GTR is a great looking car in the flesh, but im done with skylines for the moment. It is supra time again. :)

Thought you might be yeah, have been in both the 2.5gts and gtr and the gtr is a totally different kettle of fish :D, i still prefer my supras though!

Will you be posting a copy of this thread on the Skyline forum? :D

No I guess not :-)

I'd go for stabilty more, plus it looks good, in my opinion. My mechanic said "Its a very odd looking car". He says that changing the suspension to TEIN adjustable all round will seriously help my speed bump problem and improve the ride quality. As it is my shocks are quite bouncy, and prob have not been changed since new. That wont help my speedbump problem.

Lowering my high back end with help with the level of the car - he says. So i wont be driving around an obvious wedge shape that bounces and catches on each speedbump.

I'm guessing TEIN will be a good choice.

Carl

You cant compare a Supra to a GTSt :O

Supra vs. the GTR

I've had all three

480bhp MKiv TT

300+bhp R33 GTSt

500bhp R32 GTR

Supra does 'feel' a superior car, better built with a more refined engine. A much better motorway car.

BUT my R32 is more fun...

prob all down to setup etc though