The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Strikes, boycots & go slows

superpaulwilson

Hi guys. I know everyone is a bit pissed off with the fuel prices at the moment. But i wasn't convinced anyone was going to do anything about it. However. I've just been told by a friend of the family who works for BP that there is a high chance of strikes and go slows starting as early as Monday. Can anyone confirm or deny these rumours?

Personally I'm all for it

Maybe he was refering to an email doing the rounds and saying DONT BUY Fuel on Monday, have a look -

THE UK GOVERNMENT'S FURTHER TAX INCREASE ON FUEL HAS TAKEN THE AVERAGE PRICE OF UNLEADED TO OVER THE £1 A LITRE BARRIER!

THEREFORE 'MONDAY NOVEMBER 19TH' HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR AR$E " DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF FUEL THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU INVITE ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO THIS GROUP AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WITHOUT TAKING ACTION THE PRICE PER LITRE WILL CONTINUE TO RISE.

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF FUEL GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, ROAD HAULAGE COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO! OUR WAGES WILL NOT BE RISING AT THE SAME RATE EITHER!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THE GOVERNMENT DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN!

It does make me laugh that they are always spouting that the prices are going up due to the increase in the price of the barrels going up, and that they're now at $100 etc ect, they always seem to forget to mention that the $ is worth less so in effect the price has remained fairly stable.

All that extra revenue from tax due to the increase is the only reason for the hikes, nothing to do with actual cost. An extra few billion in tax from the latest rises, if they weren't interested in just taking and taking then tax would be dropped so that their revenue remained at a constant.

It just proves it has absolutely nothing to do with the cost of oil and it's all about this countries greed and innability to kerb MP's expenses and governmental spending on flawed projects that forever fail and more money gets thrown at it to sort it. It's amazing when you see how many MP's are on the board of directors of companies that win all these contracts.

Oooh that feels better, a Sunday morning rant :D

I'm wondering why the hauliers don't just go on strike. These kind of price hikes must hit them really hard.

No food deliveries, no electrical goods, none of anything being delivered in the run up to Xmas. Consumers screaming at the retailers, retailers screaming at the hauliers with the haulier waiting on the Govt. must bring about change.

We'd have loads of petrol but nothing else until the 'strike' ended. It's pretty drastic but I think it's time.

I'm wondering why the hauliers don't just go on strike. These kind of price hikes must hit them really hard.

No food deliveries, no electrical goods, none of anything being delivered in the run up to Xmas. Consumers screaming at the retailers, retailers screaming at the hauliers with the haulier waiting on the Govt. must bring about change.

We'd have loads of petrol but nothing else until the 'strike' ended. It's pretty drastic but I think it's time.

It'll stop Christmas being quite so commerical too. Good call!

Because most of the smaller independant hauliers have gone out of business already. Most are now huge companies with a "lord" as chairman. The company I work for would sack immediatly anyone who used a company truck to take part in a fuel protest. They just up the price of haulage so we all pay more in the shops - have you noticed how much food prices have gone up recently:(

Because most of the smaller independant hauliers have gone out of business already. Most are now huge companies with a "lord" as chairman. The company I work for would sack immediatly anyone who used a company truck to take part in a fuel protest. They just up the price of haulage so we all pay more in the shops - have you noticed how much food prices have gone up recently:(

Well let's all do sod all then. That'll show the Govt.:rolleyes:

You cannot protest these day, you have to notify the police first before you can protest and if they say OK then you can go ahead. If it is deemed unlawful or damaging to the country!! they can use the new terrorism laws to arrest you and hold you for 28 days. Just recently Chris Eubanks was arrested for an illegal protest outside Downing street, he was protesting against the war.

Makes you proud to be British. Freedom what Freedom!!