The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Removing rear bumper

p111ddy

Its beeen a few months since i did it so bear with me:

remove the rear lights.

remove the license plate.

Undo the plastic screws at the top centre of the bumper (between the lights)

Undo the 4 plastic screws along the bottom of the bumper.

Unscrew the no plate light from the bumper.

Im not 100% sure but i seem to remember a screw at the bottom of the bumper near to the exhaust cut out pointing upwards, and the same on the other side.

Inside the car pop off the centre boot trim and bothe edges to give you better access to the sides.

Undo the ariel mounts and move out the way.

undo the bolt inside the wing

Do the same the other side.

I think that it is it but its been a while.

here is an image from the EPC to help:

bumper.jpg

TWO SLOW lol

still may help

easy job mate there is a row of plastic clips under the bottom and some on the top to , then you need to go in the boot and no both sides there are 3 13 mm nuts which hold it on from the inside these are down in the rear quarters , O and there is two bolts under the car at the front edge of the bummper , Hope this helps

I too am interesting.

How goes the build??

Unfortunately not at all:( I'm still waiting on the boarder wings from Gaz & after chasing him up he's told me it'll be couple of weeks in January before I get them! GVN said they can have my car now as they know im car less until the works done! So now on top of trying to get this done I’ve got to buy a 2nd car jus so I can get to and from work! Just because of the wing's!:rolleyes:

I've had a search and couldn’t find anything on removing the stock rear bumper:search: So if anyone can direct me to a link of even tell me how it'll be appreciated

well mate there are one of two ways you can do this, 1st is to reverse in to a fox or the second is to smack a big ass kerb, im sure you will know how to do this ;)

Unfortunately not at all:( I'm still waiting on the boarder wings from Gaz & after chasing him up he's told me it'll be couple of weeks in January before I get them! GVN said they can have my car now as they know im car less until the works done! So now on top of trying to get this done I’ve got to buy a 2nd car jus so I can get to and from work! Just because of the wing's!:rolleyes:

Ahh thats a bugger took ages for my border kit to come I think they make the parts when they get an order through as mine was going to be a 3 week wait before it even shipped. Still waiting on my bonnet but a local spray shop whos friends of the old man is going to do the painting if I do the fitting. So got a nice week off work at xmas to spend with the car.......oh and the misses

Ahh thats a bugger took ages for my border kit to come I think they make the parts when they get an order through as mine was going to be a 3 week wait before it even shipped. Still waiting on my bonnet but a local spray shop whos friends of the old man is going to do the painting if I do the fitting. So got a nice week off work at xmas to spend with the car.......oh and the misses

....oh and the misses lol:d

I pre-planed 8 weeks of waiting for the wings as I knew it was coming over from Japan reference Gaz but if it's going to take longer then I don’t know what I can do:search: as these are the only parts that’s holding me back from getting it done! Fingers crossed they wont take longer then I was told by Gaz otherwise I may have to leave them out?