The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Member Says Hello

Guest justy75

Guest justy75

Hi guys,

I have just registered here as a prospective Supra owner, and wanted to have a look at the excellent 'what to check when buying a Supra' guide.

I have found the guide informative and I am now just looking for the right sort of deal.

My main concerns with going for a car of this age is that I end up with something that goes wrong and ends up with me having to sell a kidney in order to pay for the repairs! I only do a couple of thousand miles a year now so I can afford to have something slightly more extravagant in terms of practicality, but I just hope that I dont end up with a wrong-un! I am currently driving a 3 year old Impreza which as you would expect with a newish low mileage example has not cost me a penny and never goes wrong.

Hopefully when the deal is done I will have the time to contribute and meet you guys at meets in the South.

Keep your fingers crossed for me! :search:

Cheers

You could always go for a facelift. my NA is for sale. its the best colour and ive had it a year and all its cost me is a few replacement bulbs and some brake pads. oh and some tyres. take a look ;)

I wouldnt worry about things going wrong with a supra the only expensive things that goes wrong tends to be the turbo's, Other than that they dont tend to rust and plenty of people (including me) use them every day.

Turbo's are great fun but more to go wrong. NAs tend to be rock solid and are by no means slow :)

Good luck with your search. but be sure you get what you want.