The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Power Steering Pump?

Glosphil

hi,

Keep getting a funny noise that sounds like its coming from the top right pulley on the front of the engine. It looks like this is the power steering pump?

Sounds kind like a scrapey bubbly noise but I've done the take lid off and slowly turn steering from left to right several times and no change.

It seems to go away when its hot.

Any ideas?

hi,

Keep getting a funny noise that sounds like its coming from the top right pulley on the front of the engine. It looks like this is the power steering pump?

Sounds kind like a scrapey bubbly noise but I've done the take lid off and slowly turn steering from left to right several times and no change.

It seems to go away when its hot.

Any ideas?

Does it get louder when you rev the engine?? (without turning steering.)

My soarer has this prob. I'v tried bleeding it but no luck. :(

Now there is no power steering at all. :( The noise gets louder with engine revs (grinding, whining noise) so i'm just going to change the pump.

Not sure, didnt rev the engine. Has stopped right now, so cant try it, will try when it comes back as it comes and goes.

Is the pump a big deal to replace? how much?

Phil a new pump is around £200+

If you need a new one, drop me a pm with VIN number and I'll work out a delivered price for you.

its not a big job at all i done mine recently takes about an hour its a matter of undoing a couple of pipes and a couple of bolts a swift tug and its off lol, i would drain your fluid right out tho and replace with new as my fluid was literally metallic in colour with bits of pump in it! you can get a 2nd hand pump for around 70quid no problem