The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Should've asked before winter came really.

supraman.chris

If your temperature gauge is about a third way up then you should be getting warm to hot air out of your heater matrix.

Yep it gets warmer, but when I get on the motorway (staying at around 3000rpm) is when I really feel the heat and have to turn it to mode 1.......aimed at the feet ofcourse:D

-----------------------------------------

@supraman.chris - this is off topic but have you been pulled having your number plate in the windscreen like that?

you sound like you have a problem with the thermostat in the engine

its a wee part that stops the flow of coolant to the engine so the coolant has a better chance to get to temprature and giving you heat inside the car

my car will usually get to mid temp on the guage in about 2-3 mins from cold start

in saying that i keep the supra in a garage so the temp doesnt get as cold as cars parked outside

still worth checking tho as it is a simple job and when put right a godsend on the cold mornings

alex;)

you sound like you have a problem with the thermostat in the engine

its a wee part that stops the flow of coolant to the engine so the coolant has a better chance to get to temprature and giving you heat inside the car

my car will usually get to mid temp on the guage in about 2-3 mins from cold start

in saying that i keep the supra in a garage so the temp doesnt get as cold as cars parked outside

still worth checking tho as it is a simple job and when put right a godsend on the cold mornings

alex;)

Thanks Alex,

I like the word 'thermostat' rather than 'sensor', sounds cheaper! :D