The mkiv Supra Owners Club

im going to wreck my car within a week...

Carl_S

at this rate.

Im looking at solutions to protect the veil bumper. I love the look. Even if it is retro now.

In fact the whole car looks retro in a good way.

Just wondering if anyone knows about air shocks that can raise the car pneumatically at the flick of a switch?

Any one with info on this, or can point me in the right direction?

Its that or seriously get honked at and shit. evenly slowly is a problem for some areas, and some roads too!

In newbility

Carl

at this rate.

Im looking at solutions to protect the veil bumper. I love the look. Even if it is retro now.

In fact the whole car looks retro in a good way.

Just wondering if anyone knows about air shocks that can raise the car pneumatically at the flick of a switch?

Any one with info on this, or can point me in the right direction?

Its that or seriously get honked at and shit. evenly slowly is a problem for some areas, and some roads too!

In newbility

Carl

So glad to hear I am not alone with the Veilside low-ness. Looks so great but such pain in backside.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=130714

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=130791

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/1285/16112007410lp8.jpg

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/5352/16112007409ja7.jpg

thanks tooquick, thats something to work with! I guess ill need some professional advice though too as to what the costs are and what time I should go for (if any).

Carl

heres the level of damage, how to harden this or to repair it so if there is another small hit it has minimal effect I dont know. Maybe removal of the veil or shock hight raising are the viable options.

I know graham, :) but its the new toy, the new "baby". And I want to take care of her, but then fu*k her up on the speed bump on the final streach home. Nearly 200 miles, and then the last few yards.....that horrible noise.

It's and investment, kinda like stocks and shares but i sit in it so i wanna take care of her.

Steel plates.. now you talking my language... Excellent idea. Though where would I go for that? Anyone had it done? Sounds cheaper than a air suspension job.

~Carl.

I have both, i avoid speedbumps, although it goes over them with no scraping it needs to go over at 10 mph ish.

Mine simply won't clear speedbumps. Or slight hills, inclines or pretty much anything. It's 3" from the floor lol.

It's fun all the same though, if not a little impractical for a daily driver :blink:

If you want to do it properly, you need a Robertua "Cup" kit. Sits on top of the coil springs and lifts the car at the press of button. Its about £2800 though :blink:

Has no effect on the handling of the car, unlike airbags etc.

Regards,

Gaz.

I thought you couldn't get this for the Supra though? If you can Gaz i'm going to be giving you a call AGAIN. ;)

EDIT: I'm sure Nic got it for someone and subsequently found it wasn't suited to our cars. I've been after something like this for ages!

No, but its better than purposefully wrecking a bumper ;)

LOL, I am sure none of us purposely wreck a bumper, but there realy isn't many options for different accomodation around these ere parts plus if you saw where I live you wouldn't want to move mate. I live in one of the most stunning places in Cornwall, 5 minutes above a beach, so I am afraid stock springs it is rather then a move. :D