The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Southampton Meet

The Pink Lady

hI aLL I am reliably informed that a Jap car meet has been set up for Friday 17th October at Comet car-park Southampton opposite Mcdonalds an 8.30 start.

I cant get along unfortunately but hubby is getting a treat and going in my Supra.Scratch it at his peril:devil: :flame Dev

A good meeting place for anyone interested would be Rownhams service station say about 8.15.A good supra convoy always impresses:)

Hmmm, could have aim! I have a really annoying squeaky clutch though which should get sorted in my service & MOT on the 22nd. Shame it's not after then.

If there's enough Supras going, I'm up for it. I could hide the squeakiness in the convoy!

I think there's a thread on squeaky clutches here, but nothing seemed to get sorted out. I'm going to recheck it now & hopefully I'll get it sorted!

It would be good if the meet was confirmed as well!

Originally posted by whitesupraboy2

when i had my XR3i done up as a rally car...but i like to keep that hush hush on here!

:D

Whitesupraboy2 - I didn't think you would mention that again after the last time:)

Are you going?

Is anyone going to meet at Rownhams services? I might join the convoy if they are.

I'm up for it - You'll have to put up with my squeaky clutch though! What's the plan then? - I'm quite happy meeting at Rownham's station if anyone else is. Would be fun if a few of us could get together and drive down to the meet together.

I'll be there around 8pm. Silly question, but what side of the motorway is it on? I'm heading from Fareham, is it just past the M3 turn off? (still on the M27) Anyone going from Fareham / Portsmouth?

Is there a list who's going? I'm in....

Elliot

Why don't you meet at say B&Q car park off of the M271?

That way everyone comes along the M27 from either direction, come off at Junction 3 and head towards Southampton on the M271 [your all going in the right direction] - next roundabout - Nursling - come off and take the 3rd exit and then down the hill and B&Q on the right hand side.

Big car park and shouldn't run the risk of running any managers over ;)

Cruise from there into West Quay along Millbrook road.

BE CAREFULL - 2 SPEED CAMERA'S ALONG THAT ROUTE!

HTH

:)

West bound, East bound, I'm thick..........and confused:(

You need to put it in Simpleton terms for me, services heading towards Southampton form Poole or away from Southampton from Poole?

I will coming up from ringwood way heading towards Southampton, are we saying I need to get to the services on the other side of the road?

:conf: :twak:

Hi Steve

Westbound is (I think) the side heading TOWARDS Poole from Portsmouth / Southampton. ie heading to the west side of the country.

Which means you will probably have to pass the eastbound services and come back on yourself, unless you wanna drive up the wrong side of the motorway!

Looks like there's gunna be 5 or 6 of us there, so it shouldn't be too hard to spot - see you there.

It all depends on whether we enter Southampton via the M271 as Jive suggested (which is the route I assumed) or via M27 J5. If it's the M271 then most of us will be heading West bound (towards Poole) when we reach the services. If that's the case then there's little point in you meeting us at the services as you'll have to drive all the way to J5 to turn around and be on the correct side.

However, if we're going via M27 J5 then the likes of myself will have to drive upto J3 and turn around to be on the correct side, which is also a bit pointless. So, I think Jive has a good idea of meeting at the B&Q car park off of the M271 at 8:15pm. Everyone else ok with this? Then those of us heading West bound can still meet at the services for 8pm.

Mawby, seeing as I appear to be one of the few coming from Poole direction I will meet you on 'your side' (west bound) of the services as it's pointless you guys all coming to 'my side'!

I will meet you there at 8:00pm give or take. Here is my mobile number to give me a call if I still haven't arrived by the time you leave - 07956 592800.

I am definetly coming but timing will depend on traffic which should be okay at that time of night.

See you all later:)

Vrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!