The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Intelistart not working

R3DG3CKO ROB

Hi guys

It's getting fairly cold now and I need to be warming the car up in the mornings. Problem is that the intelistart has stopped working???

I can't remember exactly when it stopped but I'm thinking it might coincide with when I changed the wirring on the rear lights?

has anyone else had similar problems with remote start on Clifford type alarms? Can you suggest a fix?

Rob

ah, my mate has the Clifford software on his laptop. I wouldn't have a clue how to change the crank timing though...

I thought it might have something to do with the new wirring for the rear lights as I now have the afterburner style lights and the reversing/fog light conversion.

I was gonna try changing the wirring back to the original tonight just to see if it works...

Na, I've never needed to prime it. Just hit the button and it starts.

The alarm just chirps twice on lock and once on unlock.

that's what I was thinking... Maybe it thinks i've got my foot on the brake because the lights have been rewired, alternatively it could be because I'm using one of the reversing lights as a fog light??? still can't see why it would have a charge through it though...

Na, I've never needed to prime it. Just hit the button and it starts.

The alarm just chirps twice on lock and once on unlock.

that's what I was thinking... Maybe it thinks i've got my foot on the brake because the lights have been rewired, alternatively it could be because I'm using one of the reversing lights as a fog light??? still can't see why it would have a charge through it though...

Are the new lights LED's?

Matt;

No, not LED's just standard J-Spec Lights re-wired to give the afterburner effect when braking and using one of the reversing lights as the fog...

i really want to ditch that for the version that uses the inner brake lights as the fog but given the dodgy wiring i've not dared to touch it yet :)

LouisJames;

Is that the rewire kit to make the inner brake lights into the fogs?

• 2 weeks later...

The only two things that stopped mine working was

Interior door switch faulty causing the door open light to stay on.

Handbrake light not on,due to handbrake not applied.

also on mine the tailgate and bonnet switches are wired into intellstart, so if its showing that the door/bonnet or tailgate are open it won't start on the button.

For Intellistart to work on an auto, it needs to see the bonnet closed, and an earth, (return), on the brake light wire before it will even crank.

If it's cranking, it needs the crank time adjusted properly, and an RPM input programmed so that it 'knows' when the engine is running at idle speed.

Is it flashing the indicators? - If so, how many times? If it's flashing three times and not even attempting to crank, Its 'seeing' something wrong. Either a small amount of voltage from the brake lights, meaning you may have a high resistance earth connection at the rear lights, or it could be seeing an earth on the bonnet switch line, which could be corrosion on the bonnet pin switch itself causing just enough continuity to earth to mess up the intellistart. You can try disconnecting the bonnet switch to see if that makes any difference...

I've just tried something to see if it's the bonnet not hitting the catch...

Opened the bonnet.

Held the switch down.

Locked the car.

Tried the remote start.

Still didn't work...

Doh... That means that the bonnnet is hitting the catch ok... could still be seeing an earth though so I'll have to try disconnecting it?