The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Import

Jads

Hey guys, I have just joined the forum.

I would like to buy a Supra (Import to be specific) and want it to be a 98TT Manual. Budget is approx 6,000.00 (GBP) but that would be pushing it (what is your recommended budget JUST FOR CAR?) - I would like some spare money for performance parts (HKS Intake, and mainly HKS parts - again any recommended part manufacturers? as well as Electronics i.e. ECU boost controller gauges, even seats, maybe sparco or recaro, and various other things) and maybe later body kits / wheels!

I have had a Honda Prelude, and modified that, mainly for drift but have been a Supra fan since I was 16, am 24 now so I would like to fulfill that dream!!!

Where is the best place to import? (YES I have used Google)

I though you guys would be the best people to come to.

Thanks

-Jads-

For 6k mate you will be lucky to get a good auto, or a manual N/A. Saying that your looking at the right time of year so you could get a good deal.

I would be very warey of any manual selling for 6k. A decent one will be around 10k. Usually 8k for the older more standard ones all the way up to 20k for the fully sorted more recent models.

Scott =op

As Scott said mate

You have no chance of getting a standard TT manual for £6k. Auto's are around that price (like mine that's for sale now! ;)) and even then you wouldn't get a 1998.

You're looking at a pre facelift (93 - 96) TT with an auto box. The only manual you'll get for that price is a non-turbo.

Thanks, very helpful, looks like I might wait a couple of months to get 11 grand, what am I looking at if i want a 94+ Single turbo?

Hows a single turbo? Would you go for that and maybe get a large Greddy turbo like T67 maybe? I mean I could wait like 6 months and maybe bring up the budget to 11000.00 (GBP) Advisable?

I might consider a single turbo and stick in a large turbo in it at some point. Good idea?

I would like a 98 but I guess I was being hopeful

-Jads-

Thanks, very helpful, looks like I might wait a couple of months to get 11 grand, what am I looking at if i want a 94+ Single turbo?

Hows a single turbo? Would you go for that and maybe get a large Greddy turbo like T67 maybe? I mean I could wait like 6 months and maybe bring up the budget to 11000.00 (GBP) Advisable?

Also budget £1,000 for insurance!

Guest Nicholas
Hey guys, I have just joined the forum.

I would like to buy a Supra (Import to be specific) and want it to be a 98TT Manual. Budget is approx 6,000.00 (GBP) but that would be pushing it (what is your recommended budget JUST FOR CAR?) - I would like some spare money for performance parts (HKS Intake, and mainly HKS parts - again any recommended part manufacturers? as well as Electronics i.e. ECU boost controller gauges, even seats, maybe sparco or recaro, and various other things) and maybe later body kits / wheels!

I have had a Honda Prelude, and modified that, mainly for drift but have been a Supra fan since I was 16, am 24 now so I would like to fulfill that dream!!!

Where is the best place to import? (YES I have used Google)

I though you guys would be the best people to come to.

Thanks

-Jads-

Welcome Jads, you'll struggle to get a 98tt manual on that budget and couldn't have one imported until 2008 anyway. it's worth looking though especially at this time of year, you might well pick up a bargain.

Nick :)

Thats why I couldn't find many 98tt's or importing them, thanks a lot, has revealed a lot to me. I might get a project car like a 94t then, would be cheaper and leave a considerable amount of money left over.

Or just buy one from here...

-Jads-