The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help ....... Please

Matt _Aero top_

My sups recently started making a horroble sound when i start it up and its cold , sometimes it does go away when its warmed up or been run for 20 mins or so , or if a spray abit of WD40 on the belt near the crank pulley making me think its either the belt thats fooked or the crank pulley ,

So my question is how do i check if the crank pulley is nackered , is this just a visual check or what ?

I've done a search but i'm useless ... lol

Please help me ..

Matt,

Paint/draw/crayon/whatever a white line on the front of the crank pulley. Make sure the line crosses the inner and outer ring - ie it goes across the rubber joint between the two parts.

Then check it after it next squeals and see if the outer part has moved in relation to the inner part. If it has moved your crank pulley is fooked and needs replacing ASAFP.

Do not under-estimate how important the crank pulley is. Apart from driving the water pump it also drives the power steering pump. You wouldn't be the first member to crash his Supra when the crank pulley failed, leaving you with no power steering.