The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ello, another new guy....

Guest Bailey

Hi guys, ive decided to get myself a Supra and remembered seeing this website on someones car at a Jap show at some point this year...

Anyways ive had a looksy and this site is full of some great info and lovely motors so i hope to add to your ranks :)

Im currently driving a Nissan 200sx S14, its stage 2 tuned, approx 300bhp running 1.2 bar. So im used to rear wheel drive turbo mayhem but i fancy something a little more practical (in a very very loose sense of the word).

Im going to be on the hunt for an Import n/a Manual SZ to start off my supra ownership. Just need to get a few insurance quotes first and go from there. Im only 21 you see so might have issues..... :tongue:

Im starting to ramble now anyway so ill shut up, hi again and im sure ill see or speak to many of you soon.

Regards, Steve.

Ok first insurance quote through my current insurers....

oh dear. :tongue:

Adrian Flux

21y/o

2 years NCB

3 points

Manual N/A Import SZ

£2,069 TPFT.

Time to look elsewhere for insurance i think....

Hi and welcome

Ever done any 'mapping' before :sly:

Why do you ask? :p

Heelooooooo
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_shock.gif

Lifesure are worth a try

Cheers mate, ill look them up and give them a try :)

If ya haven't called em already when you do ask for Adam Cakebread (funny name I know) he is a very decent most helpfull bloke there.

cool thanks mate :)

Welcome, always good to have more Steves in the ranks. I mean Supra owners. :)

im with you bud :D

Welcome!!

Surprised you are going for an NA if you have 300hp before. You do realise that NA's are shit slow......:)

H.

I know, id love to keep my S14 but i do a lot of mileage a week and im after something which aint gonna drink petrol like the 200, is more civilised and looks awesome with subtle mods ;)

A N/A supra ticks all those boxes, im only performance wise going to add a nice exhaust and a filter....but everyone knows with modifying...its a slippery slope, and you buy more and more.

Plus i want to save for a house.

Right then....incase anyone in a similar situation is interested.....

Phoned the following insurance companies...ill edit as i get them.

Sky - £1720 TPFT, 300 Excess

Lifesure (Adam Cakebread is a class bloke) - Wont touch me due to under 25 :(

Elephant - Couldnt quote me because i didnt know the reg of my potential supra.

Adrian Flux (My current insurers for my 200sx) - £2000 TPFT, 300 Excess

A Plan - need to call.

and thats where i am at the moment....

ta

You wont be happy with a n/a after the car you have now, buy a tt or dont bother. Pop past my pad next time you see my car there and if im in a good mood and not on the piss, i will take you out in mine. ( make sure you tell me who you are tho, Half of our hood come round trying to clean etc for a go ) Then you will defo not want a n/a. Also supra's are not good on fuel at all. Mine will do 3 runs down the quarter using £10 quid of fuel and a bottle of nos! Works out about £35 quid for 35 seconds driving! On the street it will do Stratford and back on 25 quid if i drive nice ish.. All depends on mods and how you drive tho i suppose. Im sure some one on here will tell us they do 50 to the gallon. ( there is always one :blink: )

Thanks for the offer mate, might just take you up on that :D

Id love the TT but i do far too many miles to use it as a daily driver and i cant really afford to run 2 cars...

Plus insurance on an n/a is bad enough without throwing 2 turbos into the mix! :rolleyes: