The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Conversion advise

J_Supra_07

hi guys iv got a auto targertop and iam going to convert it to 6 speed manual turbo.

now a gd friend of mine has told me not to bother bolting on turbos to mine block. but to buy a JZ emgine complet with gear box and drop that in. and sell my engine and box.

is you guy think the same, how much would i get hold of a JZ engine for and how much do u think mine would go for??

meny thanks

jason

not sure how much you could get one for. but jez does the full conversion for about 3-4k

The 6 speed box is rare though. And there is a long waiting list.

You can wait for one through Jez or try to buy one private. but people who have them seem to be selling them for extortionate ammounts of money.

I was thinking of doing the same as you however finding a properly priced 6 speed box was very difficult. And im not paying 2-2.5k for one... I wouldnt go much above 1k personaly. But then that depends how much your willing to pay.

NA supra engines are worthless. i dont think jez even got a 99p starting bid when he put one on ebay.

What do you have now? Is it a TT or NA?

Edit - presuming its an NA, it would be far easier to do a full transplant. You'll need the TT engine, gearbox, prop, axle, driveshafts, ECU, exhaust, fuel pump and loom (and probably quite a few more smaller bits).

Jez does a full conversion for about £3-3.5k but there is a waiting list. Finding the parts in the first place is the hardest part!

Finding the parts in the first place is the hardest part!

Its not that bad if you have a whole day on your hands i know someone who rings every single scrappy he can find on the web until they find one and buys the whole lot for under £500! sells them on places @ a huge profit

You have found a six speed box with a turbo engine and all the bits for £500 ??

Noo not me! A guy i know has bought about 4 (6 speed gearboxes and full conversions) for under £500 in less than 2 months. Oh and not with the engine though :)

It is an n/a yes. I am willing to spend the money on it after Christmas. I have already got a helix clutch and a lightened flywheel to put on at the same time. How long Is jez’s list?

And were would I have to take it if I took it to him? May try and get the part myself and pay someone to fit it all.

Sorry about the txt spelling so use to txting. Welcoming chap aren’t you.

dont take it personaly my friend. txt speak on the internet is infuriating to read. takes me longer to work out what it means and i doubt it actually saved you any time when you typed it :p

Jez can and does supply and flit all the parts.

Silverstone garage fit QSD performance supply. Both run by him.

His list is... well long enough for you to be waiting a couple of years i recon lol

It is an n/a yes. I am willing to spend the money on it after Christmas. I have already got a helix clutch and a lightened flywheel to put on at the same time. How long Is jez’s list?

And were would I have to take it if I took it to him? May try and get the part myself and pay someone to fit it all.

Sorry about the txt spelling so use to txting. Welcoming chap aren’t you.

Im very welcoming, honestly I am, I welcome you my Supra friend with big open cuddly arms :D :blink:

I can also just be a piss taking bar steward......but come on, Im sure if even you read back your first post you can see why we struggle........might not be so bad in your head, you wrote it....but I actually seriously thought you was going to come back and say you were drunk lol, then have a real reason why you wrote like that.....none of the points I have highlighted are due to txt speak though, it just doesnt read properly.......txt speak I can work out.

Nothing personal fella, just winding away the hours with some banter, that admittadley (sp?) someone new might not see as so funny, so I apologise to you now.....

Peace.....;)

hi guys iv got a auto targertop and iam going to convert it to 6 speed manual turbo.

now a gd friend of mine has told me not to bother bolting on turbos to mine block. but to buy a JZ emgine complet with gear box and drop that in. and sell my engine and box.

is you guy think the same, how much would i get hold of a JZ engine for and how much do u think mine would go for??

meny thanks