The mkiv Supra Owners Club

02 feedback & HKS F-Con

jevansio

pretty sure it uses o2 feedback from a dedicated sensor.

I guess it's bad if the sensor malfunctions, othrwise it can only be good if it is constantly adjusting for temp+barometric pressure.

I have 3 o2 sensors in my dp.

The aem and the hks are within a fraction of each other (constant display).

No HKS mappers on here to comment though..:search:

The key is that Reg did a good map, and then allowed the Wideband 02 sensor to trim the fueling to suite environmental changes.

Reg has stated to Mike that he'd like to remap it 'cause of the change of turbo, so Reg isn't advocating leaving it to it's own devices.

WB02 feedback is only as good as the map it's based on. Dan Turner for instance would use it to MAKE the map and then claim he hadn't, when it's obvious from the map he had...This isn't the AEM's fault, the is DT's complete and total lack of professionalism IN MY OPINION. And he IS the only one I've seen do this with an AEM and thus ruin it's reputation

The key is that Reg did a good map, and then allowed the Wideband 02 sensor to trim the fueling to suite environmental changes.

Reg has stated to Mike that he'd like to remap it 'cause of the change of turbo, so Reg isn't advocating leaving it to it's own devices.

WB02 feedback is only as good as the map it's based on. Dan Turner for instance would use it to MAKE the map and then claim he hadn't, when it's obvious from the map he had...This isn't the AEM's fault, the is DT's complete and total lack of professionalism IN MY OPINION.

Couldn't agree me.. He claimed in no uncertain terms to me that he's never used Autotune..

I believe in Dean Tracey's post on here he claimed that as well.

Couldn't agree me.. He claimed in no uncertain terms to me that he's never used Autotune..

I believe in Dean Tracey's post on here he claimed that as well.

That is correct

He also sent me a text message on Saturday asking me to rate his performance from 1-10 on tuning my cars, you can imagine my responce, strange question to ask a customer who's engine expired during 'mapping'

He did a great job of selling AEM thats for sure, at the time I brought mine everyone was singing its praises and going down this route

Must stop reading this thread now as my blood pressure has only just returned to normal from the ' mapping ' session in July

That guy sure knows how to wind people up.. He got my hook line and sinker to be honest and was very convincing when he sold the product to me..

Now look how everything has turned out....

The more I think about how much he's conned and rip me off the more I think about going down there to rip is head off but I know that would get me know where.

Indeed.. If i were you answer it.. He needs to know what a Fuckin Retard he really is...

Unless you are really satisfied with his performance of course ;)

I know what you mean mate, but it shouldnt be down to me to tell him where he's going wrong. If he cant do the job then he shouldn't be mapping.

I know what you mean mate, but it shouldnt be down to me to tell him where he's going wrong. If he cant do the job then he shouldn't be mapping.

Hi Mate,

Point taken, I just don't want things going to his head that he has satisfied customers when in fact he hasn't...

The thing that fucks me off the most is that he has pictures of my car.. including the reg no on his site without asking my permission..

Hi Mate,

Point taken, i just don't want things going to his head that he has satisfied customers when in fact he hasn't...

I know - I can't even start thinking about this again, otherwise like Dean my blood pressure will soar !

The thing that fucks me off the most is that he has pictures of my car.. including the reg no on his site without asking my permission..

Oh, and not just pics on his site, but vids on youtube - one of your car on a prolonged power run here

and one of him using my car for power runs on the road without permission here http://youtube.com/watch?v=fM3cXFB-ItE. Just exactly when do you decide to take a clients car out on the road at night and tear it up ?

There is SO much more I could add, but this thread isn't the place.

Sorry for the hijack gents, but this subject touches the nerves of one or two members.

I know - I can't even start thinking about this again, otherwise like Dean my blood pressure will soar !

Oh, and not just pics on his site, but vids on youtube - one of your car on a prolonged power run here

and one of him using my car for power runs on the road without permission here http://youtube.com/watch?v=fM3cXFB-ItE. Just exactly when do you decide to take a clients car out on the road at night and tear it up ?

Sorry for the hijack gents, but this subject touches the nerves of one or two members.

Yes apologies Jay.... This Fuckwit makes more than my blood boil... I could write an essay on this guy and what he has done to me and others on the forum.... I'm afraid I just can't go quiet and say nothing... but this guy is ruining my thought space..

I remember a few guys visiting at TF telling me there was a display of my anti-lag by him which lasted for ages, was news to me until a few weeks later, Sh*t said I was not going to read this anymore :(

I remember a few guys visiting at TF telling me there was a display of my anti-lag by him which lasted for ages, was news to me until a few weeks later, Sh*t said I was not going to read this anymore :(

Maybe he thinks Supra Engines are indestructable...and all customer cars should be treated like that..

I remember once complaining after my car having low compression of elevated egt's... He took my car out for a drive so i could show him.. he floored it in 3rd and my egt's soared to 980 deg and he didnt want to stop.. i had to shout at him too let off....

He allso said that he managed to do a 720 deg turn in a customers supra... I've got a feeling I know which customer it is..

Ok here are my thoughts on this subject.

The standard supra ECU uses an "o2 feedback system/Closed loop O2" for when the car is cruising and idling the keep the AFR around stoich for Emission tests purposes and good MPG.

Now i use this feature on some ecu's too for Mimicking the standard closed loop system but I set it so it is used up to 0 Psi and 4000 rpm which is roughly the same as the Toyota setup. I would never though dream of using it after these parameters unless the rich and lean limit were set at around 2-3% even still I would not be happy with leaving it on.

Now let me explain why

The ecu will be looking at a analog input from a wideband O2 sensor for it to see AFR on boost and it will be reporting back to the ecu in a format of 0-5v. Now for those who don’t know 0v = rich (7.35:1 AFR for most widebands) and 5v = lean (22.39:1 AFR).

Now if a sensor or a wideband controller fails or say the fuse goes that analog output from the wideband controller will supply 0 voltage which as I just just explains means it will be telling the ecu its seeing a AFR which is Very rich. The Ecu Will then adjust the fueling of the engine to try and get it back to the target AFR which means it will be pulling fuel depending on what the lean or rich limit is set at. In most AEM maps I have seen this is normally set at between 10% and 25%.

Pulling even 10% at say 1bar is going to cause the engine to be extremely unhappy let along 25% of the fuel map.

But if people did decided they wanted to set this I would have thought they would have turned the knock control on at least :rolleyes:

I dont have a problem with Mike B setup as it has a very good knock control system linked to it aswell if this problem did occur and doubt it has the ability to pull up to 10% of fuel.

I want people to know that I am not trying to gain any more mapping for myself by slating this setup as I don’t even offer mapping of AEM’s unless it’s for a friend of a friend. I am just shocked that it is being done like this and that the person who does this has already ruined 2 engines of VERY good friends of mine which i am not happy about :(