The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Veilside or other low kits

keancy

So this is to all of you with the Veilside or other low kits.

Very similar to my earlier post I know, but having looked at several different mods now I can see what Guigsy means, the nose really is quite a bit longer.

looks ok to me. mine is lowered but i dont know how much by. i never ground on speed bumps unless im going 2 quick and then my active spoiler catches. but the veilside bumper is a very long one. so will catch even more if its lowered already.

How do you guys cope, I can't belive you do not get trouble with road humps and stuff when I couldn't go over a little one never mind get down my lane without at least scraping once, oh and I timed myself tonight it takes a whole 10 minute to get up or down which is longer then it will take me to go to work lol, and I go slow, any slower and I am standing still. As for filling the holes, well novel idea but pricey aswell as long winded, we spend over an hour with a broom and shovel yesterday trying to fill em in with bit's of gravel.

Over speed bumps I just go really slowly and at an angle, can see the queue of people behind me getting angry!

I always slightly scrape my bumper coming up my drive as its quite steep which is annoying, need to get it risen I think.

The worst part is being forced out of the exit of petrol stations which have a slope leading down to the road. I usually ask nicely if I may leave via the entrance as when I first bought the supra I grounded it really badly out of a stupid Texaco!

Bump!!

I know I go on but please bare with me. I am absolutly loving the Supra but the height problem is putting a dampener the whole experiance. So part of what I post in here i posted in another thread but hopefully more peope will see :D

Spoke to the guy we bought car off, he wants us to measure the height of the car at front from top inside wheel arch to ground to see if we do indeed have lower springs or whether the Veilside kit is why it's so low. Somebody with the veilside kit pleaseeeeee can you pop out to your car if you have stock springs and measure your height and post for me??? Plleaseeee.

Surely it can not be that difficult to raise a car an inch - inch and a half.

Being Quoted £64 per spring at back and £78 per spring at front not including VAT, plus £140 for fitting.

I got the Yellow Blisteins and Tein-s Springs, Iv had a Do-luck and a TS front and never hit the floor. Id say either see about changing your springs or changing that front bumper.

Springs is what we want to change as the bumper is going nowhere :p, but the dude want's to know current height to insure we don't spend all that dosh on springs and find we have stocks in which case it makes no difference.

Just looked at yours, can I ask are your tyres the same size all round?? Only I am guessing one of my problems could be the fact I have larger wheels at back then front..

Guest bacon-90

hi mate. i got a full veilside kit an i got cusco coilovers. my car sits 25inches from the floor to the underside of my arches. An yes i do catch it big time on speed bumps. last friday i thought i'd be gettin out and findin i had a side exit exhaust or something. was that bad..... got to love it tho. now changing my suspention set up to tein super street. so might raise it a little bit.

hi mate. i got a full veilside kit an i got cusco coilovers. my car sits 25inches from the floor to the underside of my arches. An yes i do catch it big time on speed bumps. last friday i thought i'd be gettin out and findin i had a side exit exhaust or something. was that bad..... got to love it tho. now changing my suspention set up to tein super street. so might raise it a little bit.

25" :taped:, after that I went out in the dark in my bathrobe lolol, and measured mine as good as I could (on a slope) and I got roughly 29". EEkkkkkk, yours is well low.

PS: Any builders around?? How much would it cost to gravel 300-500 meter (500-700 yards roughly) stretch of lane??

Being Quoted £64 per spring at back and £78 per spring at front not including VAT, plus £140 for fitting.

your looking at a bill of about 424 quid then. tbh, you would be better off getting shot of the VS front (which is well out dated to be honest) and getting a different front - 300 will buy a decent one, such as Top secret or Do Luck, maybe a bit less, possibly 100 -150 to spray and fit.

I had VS all round too, lowered on coilovers, was a nightmare, previous owners too had bottomed it out and the overhang was a mare. After a couple of months of it I got so hacked off I decided to change it plus it was quite damaged :Pling: If your fed up now, how you going to feel in 6 months? It spoils the ownership, really. Theres a gallery of supra pics on the forum with some great after market bumpers, check it out ;)

Linda

x

I have the same trouble with my MR2. The vielside nose is so far out that the clearance angle is almost halved by changing the bumper.

The Supra is even worse. I got 25mm lowering springs and put them on thinking i had 50mm on it. Turns out the ones on it were about the same so i have only risen it about 5mm lol.

Nightmare when it comes to getting my car in the garage. Will get something sorted though.

It was ruining my driving experience too. Is the prices you quoted for std springs?

Wonder if anyone would be interested in swopping std springs for lowering ones. I have a set sitting there doing nothing... hmmm.

Scott =op

Somebody with the veilside kit pleaseeeeee can you pop out to your car if you have stock springs and measure your height from top inside wheel arch to ground and post for me??? Plleaseeee.

Ordered Stock springs and booked car in for next week but I am still a little worried I am spending a load of money for nothing. Could realy do with some peoples measurements. Place we bought from say they 100% sure ours is lowered but I am still not convinced. Car goes in next week.

Mine is 29" inside Arch top to bottom, at front.

Thanks people

Ordered Stock springs and booked car in for next week but I am still a little worried I am spending a load of money for nothing. Could realy do with some peoples measurements. Place we bought from say they 100% sure ours is lowered but I am still not convinced. Car goes in next week.

Mine is 29" inside Arch top to bottom, at front.

Thanks people

you bought yellow bilsteins? or the other standard set?