The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Greddy Profec-B II Owners Look Inside!!

Ryan.G

Hi All

Not sure how many of you have seen that Greddy make a external switch for the Greddy profec B II for switching boost modes by the push of a button which can be mounted on steering wheel or gear knob. This is good for having lower boost in lower gears for keeping traction and then switching to high mode when in higher gears.

Well i was going to purchase one to help with my traction issues in the lower gears :D as my standalone ecu can not control the boost and found this Mod cheaper than a Linkg3 plus :D

Ok well i had some spare time today so thought i would work out how to wire my own switch in and make it work with the Profec B :)

Well here is how you do it...

Ok you will need a 3.5mm headphone jack (1) with ideally some cabling attached. This plug goes into the back on the profec b as shown below (2).

With the cabling then connected to the jack you need to strip it back which should reveal 3 wires. (3)

Now what you need to do is mount the switch where you would like it and then connect the Ground wire which is the unshield cable shown in picture 3 to one side of the push switch.

A push switch looks like the one below in image 4 and can be purchased from maplins.

http://www.electronix.com/catalog/images/34-408.jpg

The other cable you need to find is the one which is supplied ~4volts make sure you check this with a multimeter (5) and is normally a red wire. This then should be connected to the other lug available on the push switch.

Then turn the ignition on and push the button to find that the modes change :

p.s the other cable which is left spare make sure it is covered as is a 12v supply.

Enjoy

Ryan.

• 3 months later...