The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Universal Battery Cover - NOT ANY MORE!

Ady

Baught a universal battery cover of ebay - purley because it had a nice SUPRA logo cut out of it. I new what I wanted to do before it arrived, and just got arround to doing it today.

Firstely, and took me a long time to decide, I measured up theposative and negative locations, and marked them on the cover.

Then it was time to go and bye a cirlcular saw - attachment for my drill. Had luckely got a cloe diameter to what i need:

Then I made use of an old fishing tackle storage box:

Cut it down to cover the SUPRA logo:

Washed the plastic, and began the spraying in my fav colour rover blue. Alot of things in my bay, incluing the spark plug cover are going this shily blue color.

Finished off the spray - 2 plpastic primer, 2 blue and 2 laquer.

Fixed it from the inside of the batt cover facing out - and she now looks like this:

Looked so boring with the logo missing and lookin through onto plain black battery :(

Now all i need to do is use the drill to cut out the holes, remove the terminals, pop on the plate and fasten with my new chrome batt clamp. Also need to put on my new gold battery terminals.

I cant bleave how little things like this take som much time :(

Ady

That's not the issue, it's the metal cover connecting to both terminals and your body that's the problem.

Just be very careful.

Hahah thanks for your concern but Ive made the holes about 10mm bigger in diamiter than the plus and minus terminals - if you look closely there is a plastic washer about 3mm in width arround the base of the terminals - with using the battery clamp and double backed tape the cover should not move. Im also going to run a rim of clear silicone arround the gap in between themetal cover and the terminal.

With the above provisions, the battery cover, should not ever become live.

your a brave man ady lol good luck, hope to hear from u soon :D

like the supra writing tho:)

how you find ur alarm...do u know what the 2 smaller buttons do? :innocent: i have same but cant figure out what they do 1 of them seems to totaly mute the alarm...witch is usfull :blink:

The TOAD alarm system? works great for me mate. Dosent have a habbit of going off whenver it likes to.

Wich buttons do you mean mate? i have only 2 on my fob - open and close lol

The TOAD alarm system? works great for me mate. Dosent have a habbit of going off whenver it likes to.

Wich buttons do you mean mate? i have only 2 on my fob - open and close lol

was just wondering looking at the pic, looks same as my fob but mine has 4 buttons open/close & 1 = mute? and other...? just wondered if you knew:sly:

was just wondering looking at the pic, looks same as my fob but mine has 4 buttons open/close & 1 = mute? and other...? just wondered if you knew:sly:

Ahh the un marked ones - sorry mate i havent got a clue - never tryed them out lol

will have a look tonight mate :)

Put some electrical tape around the inner part of the circles you have cut for the terminals, if it moves at all at least it will offer some protection

My battery has a rubber washer at the base, but im going to run a strip of clear silicone - as its not a conductor.