The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Had my cousin clean my car now problems!!

dibbleyuk

Hey guys,

My cousin valets car for a living so asked him to do mine.

He TFR'ed the engine bay and pressure washed it! i told him not to but he didnt listen! while he was doing it the car died, it wouldnt start at first but after 5 minutes it did but was missing badly. little tosser!

took it for a run hopping it would dry out but hasnt yet whats the best thing to do to dry it out. Obviously he has got water into the spark plugs/HT leads.

I have got to drive it over 100miles tomorrow and cant have it running like this! :rolleyes:

W.T.F!!

I though even steam cleaning was a big.....No! No!

Pressure washing an engine bay is insanity!!:rolleyes: I would be making sure he eats through a fooking straw.....cousin or not!!:(

I'd be getting it in a garage and blasting it with hot air if possible. Also WD40 everything to death!!

H.

i am a mechanic and there is nothing wrong with steam cleaning an engine if you know what you are doing, if you have degreased it properly by hand then you are going to need the pressure to get rid of all the solvent, that said , always wrap major electrics air line dry an wd40 everything when finished, i have done probably around 1000 engines in this manner and have never broken anything electrical or otherwise so give the guy a break,

thats my two bobs worth SO THERE

i am a mechanic and there is nothing wrong with steam cleaning an engine if you know what you are doing, if you have degreased it properly by hand then you are going to need the pressure to get rid of all the solvent, that said , always wrap major electrics air line dry an wd40 everything when finished, i have done probably around 1000 engines in this manner and have never broken anything electrical or otherwise so give the guy a break,

I don't see anyone attacking him as a result of him carefully steam cleaning an engine with it's electrics wrapped to protect them... the fool jetwashed the engine using a high pressure hose and didn't cover anything up... have you done that 1000 times with success?

Thought not.

Doesn't really matter HOW many cars you have done in the past, have you done a supra... are YOU aware that the area around the spark plugs is a gulley and as such ANY liquids sprayed around that area will run into the spark plug holes and fill up. Unless you wrap the whole engine you just have to be careful. WD40 EVERYTHING??? you tried it on a dizzy cap or spark leads?

Given that you are relatively new here, I'd make the assumption that you are new to supra's as well... Some people on here ACTUALLY have an idea what they are speaking about when they say don't use water near the plugs.