The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HELP!! Lifting needed HELP!!

keancy

Well we brought home the Supra yesterday and shock horror :( what I thought would happen did!!!!

It's a little low, which means we keep grounding it on the way home as we live a mile down a dirt track with pot holes. :blink:

Our old car was 6 inches of the deck and no problem this one is 5 inches and the inch is making all the difference.

Can anyone make a suggestion of how to lift it without massive expense?? Only needs to come up an inch realy.

Suggestions very welcome guys before we damage stuff to much.

Yeah but no but........ we grounded it in our local carparck today too going over a hump so it prolly needs a lift.

Anyone got hydrolics on theirs if so is it expensive??

Hubby just checked and it says Toyota Bilstein on Suspension on rear, front to low to see to be honest.

So Hydraulics are out the question lol.

Surely someone round here has an idea what to do??

We just measured it and the whole car stands about 49" of the ground, what is the standart hight?

Thats the lane of Doom by the way, only two acces points and one (shorter route) is out of the question completely the other is dismal lol

Well you have stock shocks but it sounds like you may have lowered springs. You need to get it jacked up to properly confirm if they are aftermarket, but you could post a pic up here and we should be able to tell you if its lowered (wheel size would help too). If they are aftermarket then just get some stock springs fitted.

Or fill in the holes in the road :D I know what i would do ;)

Well you have stock shocks but it sounds like you may have lowered springs. You need to get it jacked up to properly confirm if they are aftermarket, but you could post a pic up here and we should be able to tell you if its lowered (wheel size would help too). If they are aftermarket then just get some stock springs fitted.

Or fill in the holes in the road :D I know what i would do ;)

Oki, we haven't jacked it up yet as we don't know where the jacking points are and it's getting dark now.

But I took some more pictures.

Also the wheels are 18" 235 40, thing is I recon if I got other tyres i would possibly hit wheel arches, not much room there.

The springs are hard to see without it being jacked but they are black springs and yellow shocks.

Cheapest method is to put Grayston coil assisters in each spring - set of 4 will cost you about £38 - these raise everything an inch.

Looked at those, seemed ok to me but hubby would like the job done proper *shrug*

Anyway anyone got a good place to order stuff like this, reasonably quick and cheap, they can recommend??

PS: I have found out from the dealer that we bought it off that it has indeed been lowered, looks like new springs all round.

I can supply dampers and springs to run any ride height within reason, £1250 fitted with a full geo reset. Based on new European Bilsteins and my own custom springs. If you have the yellow Bilsteins on yours already I can remove, modify and refit with modded ride height. In fact I can anything suspension related.

Appreciate your post mate, tho it's quite a lot of money to spend to be honest. We do indeed have the Yellow Bilsteins, at least on the back the front is so inclosed it's hard to tell without removing wheels. Where are you based?

Spoke to the guy we bought car off, he wants us to measure the height of the car at front from top inside wheel arch to ground to see if we do indeed have lower springs or whether the Veilside kit is why it's so low. Somebody with the veilside kit pleaseeeeee can you pop out to your car and measure your height if you have stock springs and post for me??? Plleaseeee.

Surely it can not be that difficult to raise a car an inch - inch and a half.