The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TOAD alarm help

Guest CoolsBlue

Guest CoolsBlue

hi all, had a flat battery the other day, alarm di armed fine to let me into the car etc. basically a few days ago i noticed how the car alarm would beep once when i armed it, and how the alarm would trigger in the night on its own, found out the battery went flat on friday so rusehd out and changed it,

before the alarm beepd 5 times to arm and 2 to dis arm, leave the doors open and all was fine.

now it beeps once to arm and 2 to dis arm, i leave the doors open and the alarm triggers, but if i start the car, the with the doors open it doesnt alarm,

need to get it sorted to how it was before.

please help as when im working on the car the alarm goes of

Kev

before the alarm beepd 5 times to arm and 2 to dis arm, leave the doors open and all was fine.

now it beeps once to arm and 2 to dis arm, i leave the doors open and the alarm triggers, ...

1 beep when arming, 2 beeps when disarming sounds normal for a toad alarm. 5 beeps usually means you've just tried to arm it when a door, the bonnet or the boot is open. I know it doesn't explain the reason for the sudden difference though.

but if i start the car, the with the doors open it doesnt alarm,

Sorry, I couldn't understand this bit. Could you elaborate and re-phrase please?

Guest CoolsBlue

the car alarm doesnt arm when the car is started with the door open

it arms when the door is open and car is off

it arms when the door is closed and the engine is of to, if im cleaning the car the alarm will go of becuase the door will be open

As already said the alarm should not go off while the engine is running. If its a cat 1 alarm you should not be able to start the car when the alarm is armed.

If the siren is going off when the engine is running but the hazards are not flashing then the siren is faulty.

If it is doing what you are saying then I would get it looked at because it sounds fooked.