The mkiv Supra Owners Club

£1000.00 Road Tax

Guest MDBS

So is this just hype or is it a fact that this piss poor government are going to sting car owners for more tax?? I was under the impression that the increased tax's were only to be applied to new vehicles and vehicles existing now would stay on the current scaling system.

Its on the news today but i've not heard any details, i'm hoping your assumption is correct though.:(

So is this just hype or is it a fact that this piss poor government are going to sting car owners for more tax?? I was under the impression that the increased tax's were only to be applied to new vehicles and vehicles existing now would stay on the current scaling system.

I do hope so.

I still don't know why you can't pay for road tax via a direct debit or something, as all your car details are available (insurance/MOT etc) online nowadays. It would make it more affordable, and less likely to be missed. All they would need to do is confirm everything is in order via your 'account no', and issue a new tax disc. Easy peasy :)

I do hope so.

I still don't know why you can't pay for road tax via a direct debit or something, as all your car details are available (insurance/MOT etc) online nowadays. It would make it more affordable, and less likely to be missed. All they would need to do is confirm everything is in order via your 'account no', and issue a new tax disc. Easy peasy :)

Pay up at once or dump you car for the bus - exactly what they want :(

Pay up at once or dump you car for the bus - exactly what they want :(

I hate buses, there full of scuffers. Is it anywonder why no one wants to go on one, when you end up sitting next to some dribbling fool, or stinky sod whos never bathed !!

Add to that they are always late, and loads slower than a 1.1 fiesta.