The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2 x Hybird (or similar) - leading to single (possible)

Ady

Ok as per my ''winter works'' post - ive had some remakrs about my option to go for 2 x hybirds, replacing the stock jap turbos.

I am in the process of changing EVERY, yes you red correct EVERY fluid under the bonnet. Including V160 Gear Box Oil!!!

My plans are to firstly go BPU - then to 2 x hybirds (or similar) with a decent 100mm sized FMIC.

I know ALOT of people have gone single, and to be honest im the one that likes to be the odd one out. I will not be going single just yet.

I dont want to over kill the block - just want to see what its made of, before going for a huge single? i may not even bother going single if the upgrade works well.

Can anyone reccomend 2 turbos, to replace the Jspec ones, and associated work with doing this. Also what sort of BHP would you expect from doing the turbos and associated works?? It will already have a FMIC and boost controller , along with ALL gauges money can bye as part of my bpu upgrade.

Thaughts and recomendations welcomed

Cheers

My thoughts are quite simple on the whole BPU to single subject, I would take your car to BPU with a reputable company and see how much fun that is, it is without doubt the best of both worlds in terms of power and reliability, anything after that is not only very expensive (ECU's, Fueling, Brakes, Clutch etc) but also places stress on the car and therefore more potential unreliability, thats my very basic thoughts anyway :)

Yeah, it has been done.

MattH and myself both have around 450bhp with hybrids and lots of other supporting mods.

Have a look in my garage for a list of mods.

Good luck and enjoy :D

Please comment on reliability, if you don't mind :)

...and if it's every RED fluid, that's just the coolant surely? :innocent:

Ha bloodey ha - im replacing the engine oil, coolant, lsd oil, power steering fluid, clutch fluid and break fluid along with the gear box oil.

also replacing the cam and driver belt.

Might even push the boat out and replace my window washer fluid (thaught id get that one out of the way) ;)

Ha bloodey ha - im replacing the engine oil, coolant, lsd oil, power steering fluid, clutch fluid and break fluid along with the gear box oil.

I've never changed the break fluid in the last 7 years, I think it must be broken by now :(

ps. don't forget the washer bottle :)