The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My supra wont start!

Guest Gillian

Guest Gillian

Can anyone give me any possible reasons why my supra wont start

When im putting the key in the ignition the car just makes a clicking noise for quite a lenghty period of time before it eventually starts

has anyone ever had a similar problem and can you give me

any idea whats wrong with it?

* thanks fo all posts so far, but I have recently had the car in for an MOT and the

starter moto was stripped down and checked, and the battery also has a full charge. Any other ideas??:(

Any help appriciated

Just out of curiosity and process of elimination get a set of jump leads, disconnect the battery fully, connect the jump leads to a car and to yours (other car has to be running) and try turning your car over. If it starts first time then bingo we have the answer. Thats how I found out my fully charged battery was buggered.

Guest Gillian

Thank for all the tips its given me some other options to try out

we originally had the starter motor stripped because we thought that was the orgininal problem and it did work for a short period of time but its not working now!

Some days the car starts straight away and then other days it can take up to 20mins or it will not start at all

and to answer "steveo" question we are located jst outside of Morpeth

thanks for the help so far:)

p.s i cant put a pic on but its a K REG silver supra and it has a really kool, reg with "SUP" at the end :D