The mkiv Supra Owners Club

14.5mpg

Supra-Brett

Guest craig-mkiv

mine's an n/a , not sure about mpg , never worked it out !! but i filled the tank £68.70 a couple of week's ago to go up to blackpool for the supra meet ( which was great by the way ) i was'nt holding back either , got to blackpool only used 1/4 tank !! drove round blackpool for quite a while until we all met up at 8 !! with half a tank of fuel left ,., had our drive through the light's :yahoo: :wooohoo: !! then set out back to birmingham again not holding back :search: 1h 20m "ish" later got home still had 1/4 tank of fuel left :) birmingham to blackpool is 132 mile's so all in all i did about 300/320 mile's and still going the next day !! i was well impressed :p:p

As mentioned it's probably b*ggered O2 sensors causing it to overfuel.

There is no way an NA should be making such poor fuel economy - unless you're driving it WOT everywhere.

Even my 545bhp single averaged 20mpg with a mix of town/motorway driving.

Funny,Ive had scoobies,evos,supras and not ONCE have i ever tried to calculate mpg, just put the petrol in and drive it..if u need to keep calculating and checking how much the fuel is costing then i believe you shouldnt be driving the car TBH

As Rob and Homer say, the poor mpg's are most likely due to knackered O2 sensors. When did you last replace them?

I'm sure there must be a lot of Supras, still with the original sensor(s) fitted. When the sensor(s) stop working, the ECU will automatically default to a rich mixture, causing poor mpg's, greater emissions and a reduction in power

NA = 2 x O2 sensors

J-spec TT = 1 x O2 sensor

UK Spec TT = 2 x O2 sensors

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question257.htm

Funny,Ive had scoobies,evos,supras and not ONCE have i ever tried to calculate mpg, just put the petrol in and drive it..if u need to keep calculating and checking how much the fuel is costing then i believe you shouldnt be driving the car TBH

That’s very true, but the fella that started the thread has reported ridiculously low mpg. Clearly something is wrong with his car so we're suggesting ways to help identify and solve the problem. Though I'm pleased that you don't have to consider MPG, the fella has something wrong with his car so we're just trying to help.

Getting 14mpg on an NA is madness, even on the most modified supra's we'd be complaining at that sort of daily fuel consumption.

i'm getting around 150 miles to £30 with town driving. Can get around 180 miles from £30 on a run...not sure what MPG that is (at £1.04 a litre) but i think its pretty good.

I replaced my O2 sensor last week...however the very next day went BPU on my TT so i'm guessing i now wont see any improvment from the O2 sensor!! :)

I always like to know what mines doing, mor eout of interest than anything else, my mate calculates his constantly on his 1.1 :search:

How much are O2 sensors and wheres the best place to get them ?

Ditto, just seen this thread and I've been thinking that my MPG is a bit low too. This week i've started using the car for commuting again , done just under 100 miles of sensible driving - for £30! :(

wHIZz