The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PERKINS-Birmingham meet up this saturday ( 10th)

mattysupra

Right i have spoken to some people and we have agreed the best place to meet is here

The Horse and Jockey

Alcester Rd

Wythall

B47 6DB

tel: 01564822308

It has a big car park, children's play area 'take tumble thingy' if you have kids, its out the way so no chavs trying to steal your car, it also has a 2 mile run from island to island dual carriageway if you get board ! It also has 2 petrol stations ( will be needed ) Let alone serves great food ( so i have been told ) It is also 30 seconds from junction 3 of the M42 so great for every one travelling. Of course we don't want people doing donuts in the pub car park! The big man will be attending and WILL take your car off you if you decide to take the piss! ( and yes the big man is a very big man. ) Plus we dont want the law turning up!

The PERKINS crew will also be there to promote our name and business. We will also be looking over your cars and coming to a decision of who's car we would like to invite to our trade stand at next years shows! So make sure you give them a little clean! We will also ( as still in discussion ) announce what our deal is to you all (mkiv crew) regarding discount on paintwork or parts you would like to purchase .

Well i think i have said enough for now, so see you all Saturday the 10th( next week ) At 2.00. (1400)

Now remember please that this is not a big meet but a local one to the locals of brum , so don't expect 20 or so supras there. Guess there will be 5-10. This is so you can meet your local supra owners! Other makes and models are welcome. Yes we will still consider there cars for our stand if they look good, but lets not take the piss with your mates corsa with a supra body kit stuck on it. PLEASE! If it looks good we will consider it, They will be told if it is a pile of crap!

WE ARE ALSO ATTENDING A TRACK DAY AT DONNINGTON ON SUNDAY IF YOU WOULD ALL LIKE TO JOIN US!!!

EDIT by SteveR - please sign up here if you are attending, thanks.

mattysupra - I have stuck it in the calendar for you (and added a link to your above post), people can now sign up to it and it will generate a list of who's attending. :thumbs:

I won't be able to attend, sorry - am fitting a kitchen in Sheffield this weekend! Hope it all goes well tho. :)

Should your show cars not be cars you have actually done work on?

Yes they should and would be. We would like a good base model to start with tho. I have only ever seen one supra that has an aftermarket kit fitted, that does fit as it should. The idea is that we get to see what cars are out there. If we find one we like that still needs paint work tiding and kit finishing etc, we would take on the car. We also are looking for a car that will receive a full repaint FREE of charge with a new paint that has been developed ( cant say any more than that as still a bit top secret ) This car will be used in most magazines every month for the advert of this new paint when it is released. Also at £480 quid a litter ( estimated cost of paint ) Some one will be getting a good deal!

Anyway i need to talk to the mods etc to see how we stand with our offers etc before any more is said.

Who/what is 'PERKINS'??? :search: Are you a trader then, as your advertising your wares??? :blink: paint shop?? since your down as a club member only :think:

L

Yes we do paint work and custom design. Our plans was to offer a MKIV CLUB DISCOUNT as we want to get more into the supras. ( we own one our selves and it never fails to turn heads, as all supras tend to do )

We are just listed as a club member at the present as we are new to the forum and as i understand we have to be a member for 3 months before we can become a trade member ( hence i have removed a link to our website and one back here ) I dont fully understand this rule as we are offering you all a club discount, but rules are rules after all :)

To spill the beans as well, our intentions was to give away a free paint job to our selected Donner car. ( We had decided on a supra ) This was all being paid for by the manufacturer of the paint. It is a new top secret paint finish that is not on sale to the public or trade yet! The Donner car would also receive a contract with it where they will use this car in most mags every month for a 12 month period to advertise this new paint. It will be a full size page which will also have plugs for our selfs and where we found the car. ( mkiv forum )

As for us as a company we have had major coverage of most our cars we have worked on in different mags. We are well known to red line, fast car etc etc. We used to trade as PLATINUM AUTOMOTIVE DESIGNS but after another firm opened up in the same name pretending to be us ( cheeky bastards was only a couple of mile away as well ) they managed to destroy our business because every one thought we was the same people. So we changed our name to Perkins. We are now trying to get our new name recognised .