The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can you tell what it is yet?!

firepool

Your car is a UK...

You don't want to put an atmospheric BOV on the car, due to the fact that it runs a MAF sensor... which means it won't realize it dumps the air and will over fuel.

Thats not always strictly true dude, it does seem to sometimes depend on car to car. Im MAF, and mine is fine........she doesnt ever stall either.....

Thats not always strictly true dude, it does seem to sometimes depend on car to car. Im MAF, and mine is fine........she doesnt ever stall either.....

It will always dump the air, thing is on manuals they seem to get away with it a bit better, still doesn't mean it is a good thing.

I don't think i'll put it on then as she's running like a dream and i don't wanna upset anything and she sounds superb :cool:

That does appear from the pictures to be a fake/knock off HKS SSQV.

Does it have any HKS stamps on it?

And we in the USA also have MAF sensors and we vent to the atmosphere on the Supra without any problems.

There are no stamps on it at all

Are they easy enough to fit? I might put it on, see how it sounds :cool:

Unless you have the correct flange (which isn't on the pictures) then no, you can't fit it. You either need the standard flange which allows you to place it in the same place as the stock one, or a alu flange which allows you to weld it to an aftermarket IC pipe.

Does that mean the stock BOV isn't atmospheric but it'd be ok to fit on a J spec?

The stock BOV is not atmospheric.

As Gav mentions, it's not recommended to fit one to a car with a MAF sensor. The auto's have been reported to have stalling issues with these BOV's, though it doesn't seem to affect everyone :search: