The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi guys I'm new

Guest johnthedogg

Guest johnthedogg

Hey, I'm John (UK)

Currently own a Celica ST

car 1.JPG

I'm looking to move into the N/A Supra league! Simply can't afford a Turbo....insurance...running costs...maintenance...the list goes on!

Gutted but the move to TT will happen sometime in the future!

Ok, so here's what I need to know...

What should I look to pay for a decent N/A Supra? not too fussed about it having mega low miles as I know the engines are nigh on bullet proof. I would prefer a manual, but is there any major benefit to it over the auto?

Can't think of anything else to ask right now to be honest!

All the best, will be good to get to know you guys!

John

Hi, welcome to the the club. I went from a celica GT to my auto NA supra after a nissan Navaro (spelling?) pulled out in front of me. As Michael said the prices are a bit all over the place at the moment. I would have a good shop around but the best place to start is on here. I wasn't sure about an auto to begin with but im very impressed and would have no problems having another.

Hello.

NA prices are all over the place, £2000 could get you a nice one, £5000 could get you a crapper - you just have to view as many as you can within budget and pick the one that meets your requirements.

Auto vs Manual - try both, make your own mind up, I'd be happy with either.

Insurance for the TT can be similar to the manual, running costs aren't that much different to be honest, you just have to budget for replacing things like turbos and intercoolers etc at some point - if you leave them unmolested they have the potential to go on happily for quite some time. Get some quotes for both. Obviously the purchase price will be higher though.