The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ttc conversion good idea?

wilkorangerover

I'd only convert to TTC if you have an ECU fitted and mapped to suit. I think Ian C did some data-logging a while back on a car in TTC with stock ECU and was seeing some worrying AFR's at the sequential switch over point.

I ran mine in TTC for around 5 years and preferred the linear power delivery, I had the emanage mapped though to suit the TTC setup.

i would love to do this TTC but all the supporting mods needed has put me right off!! :)

James, it can be done without doing a lot, I know there are some concerns around the AFR's, but I have myself have run with this mod for about 6 months, honestly it wont kill your engine, you could make the switch, see if you like it that much that then you would want to get the supporting mods over time......

Many people have run with this mod for a longer with no issues, some of the guys here are just diving real deep into the nitty gritty......

Have a word with James mate, Im sure he knows how to make the switch, very simple two hose switch.....

It feels nice, my only concern was with what Ian C says around the turbo switch over point......

James, it can be done without doing a lot, I know there are some concerns around the AFR's, but I have myself have run with this mod for about 6 months, honestly it wont kill your engine, you could make the switch, see if you like it that much that then you would want to get the supporting mods over time......

Many people have run with this mod for a longer with no issues, some of the guys here are just diving real deep into the nitty gritty......

Have a word with James mate, Im sure he knows how to make the switch, very simple two hose switch.....

It feels nice, my only concern was with what Ian C says around the turbo switch over point......

James did mine for me.

I would get it mapped though, mine ran like a dog before I did this. I think it's down to preference whether you like it or not. I loved it for the better throttle control available and better launches.

I wouldn't say you need huge amounts of supporting mods though. Just an EBC and a remap on top of a fuelling controller. Thats not huge modding IMO but changes the cars characteristics bigtime. It felt like there was more "potential" when the car was pulling. Hard to explain but I know what I mean lol.

Another reason I did it was to get used to the 2JZ with something akin to a single on it before I took the plunge.

James did mine for me.

I would get it mapped though, mine ran like a dog before I did this. I think it's down to preference whether you like it or not. I loved it for the better throttle control available and better launches.

I wouldn't say you need huge amounts of supporting mods though. Just an EBC and a remap on top of a fuelling controller. Thats not huge modding IMO but changes the cars characteristics bigtime. It felt like there was more "potential" when the car was pulling. Hard to explain but I know what I mean lol.

Another reason I did it was to get used to the 2JZ with something akin to a single on it before I took the plunge.

true...doesnt seem a lot of modding...the EBC..is that a new ECU?

and mapping costs a fair bit right?

I am tempted..like the idea of one bit surge of a turbo...and being able to run off boost around town easier too!