The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SUPRA mk iv how practical?

Guest ian h

hi all

thinking of buying a supra wondering if you can advise on how practical it is.

i have a 4 month old baby so will need car seat room in the rear and need to carry his buggy around any of you in the same situation and how do you find it?

thanks ian

haha buggy.. u gota b joking?

no hes not!

the first car my boy got into was a supra :D less than a day old in his rearward faceing seat in the front, after a while he then got a forward facing seat in the back, its starting to get a little tight now and i am looking for ways to put his chair in the middle :D hes 3 now so that gives you an idea of how thing can work :D

no hes not!

the first car my boy got into was a supra :D less than a day old in his rearward faceing seat in the front, after a while he then got a forward facing seat in the back, its starting to get a little tight now and i am looking for ways to put his chair in the middle :D hes 3 now so that gives you an idea of how thing can work :D

yeh but did ya get a buggy in?

I regulary fit this in mine (at the same time).

A full tower pc case. (a good 2 foot high)

a 23" widescreen monitor.

A bag of computer bits (cables, keybord, mouse... etc)

A bag of clothes

A bag of food

A 3 man tent

A sleeping bag

A foldable camping chair

A thick blanket

A pillow

Ive also fit in (not all the same time)

sideskirts + TRD rear wing (both at once, very easy)

An entire front bumper (tricky but not hard)

4x18" wheels in boxes without tyres

4xtyres for above wheels

4x16" wheels with tyres

An exhaust (2nd cat backwards all as one piece)

3 people (alive)

So its not 2 bad for shifting things arround :p

I've had 4 guys in my Supra before now. You wouldn't want to go more than a couple of miles, but it's possible. For everyday use, my drivers seat doesn't go far enough back due to the rear seats being in the way. As Havard says, for a big car, there's hardly any space inside.

Practical??? Space??? :search: :rlol:

In theory its a 4 seat coupe, in reality any rear passengers would have to be either under 3 years old or not have legs :D

The boot is quite wide but woefully shallow, Martin's right about cheese slices! If your load is deeper than a lunch box you'll obstruct your view out the back but the rear seat folds down. With some carefully thought out packing its not too bad. Many of us camp at shows and can fit in a decent sized tent. Never tried a buggy myself, not had the need :p

Can you take a buggy and baby seat with you when you look at your first supra then you can work it out early on....

...or buy a meriva :innocent:

Lx

I kept mine until Adam reached about 1yr old. Whilst there's enough room for the baby seat and you could also fit a folded-up 3-wheel buggy in the boot, you won't fit anything else in. Don't expect to be able to take baby and buggy down to the shops and come back with a week of shopping.

I can fit me and the missus in, with a four year old in a car seat in the back. The buggy fits in the boot, pushed right up to the back of the back seats, and I can get a weeks shopping in as well, some in the spare back seat and the rest in the boot. Occasionally the missus has to cuddle some on the way home too. Any more than that and we have to use the 'other' car.:(

hi all

thinking of buying a supra wondering if you can advise on how practical it is.

i have a 4 month old baby so will need car seat room in the rear and need to carry his buggy around any of you in the same situation and how do you find it?

thanks ian

I have a little-un as well, as none of the baby seats we tried fitted in the back at all (an odd site to see the Supra outside Babys R Us!). We did get the maxi-cosi to fit in the front. I had to remove the air bag (not compatible with baby seats in the front) and fit a gauge pod holder there instead ;-)

Girlfriend went in the back. However, there was no room for her legs so she had to put her legs up on the seat. Needless to say, I now have a second car and the Supra for special occassions now :-)

I've managed to get 2 large suitcases in the back before. Also depends on what you've got in the boot, I've got a bloody great sub and amps, so can fit about 2 bags of shopping in the boot:d:d

not the best for an everyday car, especially if it's just the only car in your household (hurry and drive woman!!!)

But the fun more than outweighs the hassle:d:d:d