The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Squeaking noise in boot.....

Jamesy

......just wondered what the HELL this little squaeking noise could be coming from inside my boot when driving...

I have removed the spare wheel and fittings, all the tools and all the black polystyrean (no idea how you spell that!!! :innocent: ) out of the boot and i can still hear it....checked for mice and none of them either.

I'm sure i've seen loads of people mention this before but cant find any threads....

cheers ;)

A pair of lower rubber ones, are less than a tenner from Toyota, another quick fix is to cut some velcro and stick that to it;) anyway when you come to remove them, cut the rubber away from the them and find a good fitting cross head bit and use a 1/4" ratchet, then get yourself a small pencil blow torch and heat one screw up at a time until you get a little smoke, that is the time to use the cross head bit and ratchet, give the bit a tap with a hammer and then it should come out easy, repeat on the rest, use allen head M5 screws to replace and save yourself or someone else the trouble next time.

A pair of lower rubber ones, are less than a tenner from Toyota, another quick fix is to cut some velcro and stick that to it;) anyway when you come to remove them, cut the rubber away from the them and find a good fitting cross head bit and use a 1/4" ratchet, then get yourself a small pencil blow torch and heat one screw up at a time until you get a little smoke, that is the time to use the cross head bit and ratchet, give the bit a tap with a hammer and then it should come out easy, repeat on the rest, use allen head M5 screws to replace and save yourself or someone else the trouble next time.

cheers for the info mate....will check them out tomorrow

i had a strange noise coming from the inside off my boot. turned out to be the pipes and cables that are found under the plastic trim of the boot lid. i taped and tie wrapped wat i could and pulled the small metal box's out a bit, any way seemed to work. my noise was more off a clancking tapping noise. i hope this helps. :D

Yep, Squeek came back last month not looked into it yet so might no be the rubbers but I cant find anything in the boot that makes the same noise.

If the boot rubbers didn't cure it, you might want to try replacing the full seal as well.

i had a strange noise coming from the inside off my boot. turned out to be the pipes and cables that are found under the plastic trim of the boot lid. i taped and tie wrapped wat i could and pulled the small metal box's out a bit, any way seemed to work. my noise was more off a clancking tapping noise. i hope this helps. :D

yeah i've taped up all loose wires in the boot, and removed EVERYTHING except the carpet and my sub!!

gonna have a look at these rubbers at the wkend. ;)