The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mop & Polish Price

Stevo

Happened to be passing a local car valet this afternoon (on foot) and just out of interest popped in to chat with him about a price for a mop and polish.

Seemed a very knowledgable bloke and after asking me loads of questions about the car and the condition of the paintwork said he reckons about £45 - £50 quid.

He also explained some of the risks to me and what he could and couldn't do - which impressed me that he wasn't just going to take my money to make a fast buck!

Anyway - £50 seem a fair price?

Also seemed a very good set-up in his workshop. Everything appeard tidy and kept clean. Had 2 absolutely gleaming black Range Rover SE Sports in there.

Once I get round to it, I'll probably give him a try and let you all know the results.

Sounds cheap, what polish is he using?

At that price I'd expect it to be one with a lot of fillers in to hide the swirls rather than a full on job to remove them but he might just be a bit mental and do the work for fun rather than to make a decent living :)

Keep us posted!

if hes just going to give it a quick machine polish or in his terminology (mop).

then maybe £50 is ok , but dont expect any swirl or scratch removal for that .

if i was going to machine your car youd be looking at £200, finished off with a quality polish.

and it would take me all day .

ask him how long hell be that will give you a bit of an idea what your going to get

Thanks for all that - yes, lots of unanswered questions I'd need to ask first, but like I say, just popped in as I happened to be passing.

Will try and find out what products he'd be using and an expected time that it would take him. Think I'll just ask outright about the swirl and scratch removal.

I was due to have mine done over the weekend but due to some unexpected circumstances with the guy i had booked they had dropped out.

im now thinking of using this guy.. he has done a supra before and these are the results:

http://www.hotwaxxx.co.uk/DW/HotwaxxxSupra01.jpg

http://www.hotwaxxx.co.uk/DW/HotwaxxxSupra02.jpg

http://www.hotwaxxx.co.uk/DW/HotwaxxxSupra05.jpg

Not too far from me and according to the site the top level 'Gold Service' costs £175 and takes about 7-8 hours.

Peter if only you were closer you b*tch!