The mkiv Supra Owners Club

XS Power Exhaust

madmunky

I like the XS Power exhaust cause of the ground clearance and if it would fit correctly then I would say its a good price. I know a lot of people dont like there turbo kits and have had problems with them but I know someone who is running the XS kit on there aristo and its been fine, maybe the quality controll isnt so grate.

Might shoot them a email see what they say about fitment and there return policy if it doesnt fit right.

Will keep you all updated if i decide to get it :)

Cheers anyways for the replys if anyone has brought one without any issues please let me know.

All i can say is that we ordered 4 manifolds of xs power for mr2 turbo and 2x gt4's. The longest one lasted out of the three was 1 week. They all snapped in half. The one did not fit very well at all and the other two had holes where they was not welded correct. We welded them up a bit better before we fitted and then they snapped anyway. Also the flow through them was rubbish, full of weld splatter and sharp edges. Ended up with 3 unhappy customers which we ended up buying them new standard parts as we scrapped there old parts after fitting. ( should of fitted one at a time and not all three over the same weekend i guess! ) I have one left over for sale if anyone would like it?????

I fitted a XS-Power cat back and it's great but it's not made by XS-Power it's made by SSAutoChrome in the USA you are better buying direct from them as XS-Power is just a go between. They also sent the whole kit even though I only paid for cat back. So I can remove the 2nd cat if I wish Linky for SSAutochrome :D HOWEVER I think it may still be hit & miss as the motoria parts they use to put together their exhaust systems actually come from Korea :blink:

You get what you pay for.:rolleyes:

You think, I've learnt that that isn't always true. Just because we have performance cars doesn't always mean we have to pay high prices. Take for example the JDL kit on my car if that was made in the UK i would expect to pay 4x the price the body shop even said out of the 1000's of kits they have fitted this was easily the best and easiest to fit, When i got quotes for the kit to be fitted on my car some places wanted 3x the price i got it done for.

I'm not saying its always the cause but like SupraStormRising said the exhaust are not even made by XS-Power, I've emailed SSAutoChrome ill let you all know the reply.

I can see your point of view MM,aftermarket bodykits and exhaust systems are very similar,there are a lot of people who make these.

There is good and bad.

Not all good things are expensive,but to be honest,reputable components will,I feel fit and be more durable than cheaper "attempts".

Just my opinion you understand!

Good luck with your "bargain".;)

cat back fits fine , its the decat bit which is the problem , So you should have no trouble dOOgzy,

I know wot u mean, my mate fitted the back box and mid pipe no problem (on his driveway with one side of car jacked up!!). But he thinks the decat pipe isnt the one for my 94' NA. At one side it had 2 holes for the bolts, but the other side has 3!

the secont cat that can be removed has 2 bolts on either side.

so what car will this decat pipe fit? i'll post pics up in a minute.

And can i just say with only the cat back in place the xs power exhaust sounds awsome! Its like when u got your first supra and everyone stared, all over again :-D

Hi, Just popped over from the GT4 Owners club (gt4oc.net)

Our experience of XS power products is TERRIBLE!

Every person who has ordered one or seen one in the flesh has commented on how poor quality they are. They do not fit correctly, and they crack within weeks which is awful!

Steer clear!

Stick with reputable brands such as blitz or HKS etc.

RE: The note about the bodyshop - yes your bodyshop did a good job at fitting, and they were 3x cheaper then the competition etc. But thats because they charge a lower hourly labour rate. When buying a product, its not labour rates your paying its for the quality of the product, which this has none of!