The mkiv Supra Owners Club

massive dillema

gaz1

i have many thoughts rattling around my head at the moment:rolleyes: just cannot come to a decision, i love my car but since i have had the single experience with a lot of problems and expense. to finally get it rightish, as some of you know i have a gt40/88 with stage 2 fueling and aem, its running 525bhp at the moment, (which is well quick) its no doubt one of the most modded supes around. To me it looks fantastic and it gets so much attention, i have just ordered about $10000 of new mods for her now, but i have a passion that is saying STOP and sell it:blink: then get a low mileage 6 speed and start again:D to be honest it it the longest i have ever kept a car:D now i have a new single kit coming over from the states, but should i swap the one thats on it even though its only done about 2000 miles or sell up and start again, the new kit in a new car maybe:search: i did talk to my boy as he wants it but he is only 19, he has an n/a which looks well nice, and i did say after a year he could go n/a.t. but even so he would never get insurance on mine, am i going through another change of life:search::D

Id sell up and start again bud, nice new project to get ya teeth stuck into, i plan on building another next year:)

you could be right jamie as this is not the first time i have thought about it, although i get such a buzz with the attention, i was thinking of doing a pig (no not that way you pervs) as he has a total stock look with lots of grunt, but would i miss the trophies:D

Well if you decide to build another one, the knowledge you now have as a result of the last few years will serve you well.

It's a sh*t time of year to sell a Supra though mate, why not get yours all finished and ready for sale in the spring. In the meantime plan your next one, do plenty of homework on parts available etc etc and make sure this next one is EXACTLY how YOU want it :)

No way should you sell it, you've got $$$$$$ invested in it, change things you don't like, if you've got money to burn then yes but IMHO has to be one of the strangest decisions ever to sell a car like that & start again.

i think i like the heartache:( i do love the thought of starting from stock again with a little more knollege than before,(although that could be dangerous):D

If you're selling only to replace it with another Supra it seems a little bit crazy to me.

You current car will be about as good as you can get once the new turbo kit is on, wouldn't it make more sense making this car perfect rather than starting again?

If however you just like the fun of building up a car from stock and can accept the financial implications of that then fair play to you. It just seems like a waste of money to me.

you could be right jamie as this is not the first time i have thought about it, although i get such a buzz with the attention, i was thinking of doing a pig (no not that way you pervs) as he has a total stock look with lots of grunt, but would i miss the trophies:D

yea thats my plan next, gt35r, mint stock body with a nice set of rims, quality susspension and brake package:cool:

Well if you decide to build another one, the knowledge you now have as a result of the last few years will serve you well.

exactly

It's a sh*t time of year to sell a Supra though mate, why not get yours all finished and ready for sale in the spring. In the meantime plan your next one, do plenty of homework on parts available etc etc and make sure this next one is EXACTLY how YOU want it :)

yeah i know things struggle to sell at the moment, but to be realistic i knew i would lose at least 70% of what its actualy cost me in the last 3 years anyway:rolleyes: such is life but it happens in the modded scene:(

If you're selling only to replace it with another Supra it seems a little bit crazy to me.

You current car will be about as good as you can get once the new turbo kit is on, wouldn't it make more sense making this car perfect rather than starting again?

If however you just like the fun of building up a car from stock and can accept the financial implications of that then fair play to you. It just seems like a waste of money to me.

i know what your saying darryl but i only get to use it at shows and the odd weekend and love the drive of the supe, the unpredictability mostly when the arse end over takes:D did think about a different type of car but just love the drive of the supe:D and beaten the cars i would have chosen;)