The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Happily BPU'd - Big thanks to TOYOTA-GT !!!!

Jamesy

Hey guys.....after weeks of talking about it i finally got my BPU conversion done! (grab a seat... ;) )

Arrived at James' place (Toyota GT) at 8.30am - instantly felt at home there - the 2 guys he has working for him are quality - one of which makes the MOST legendary cuppa's ever!! ;)

Had both my decat pipes fitted (apparently i already had a 2nd decat fitted - see 4 sale section!!), walbro 342 fuel pump, champion spark plugs and HKS Fcd.

James and the guys were great throughout the day and taught me loads of interesting stuff about my car - he also checked it all over and confirmed it is a low mileage minter (always nice to get expert opinion!!) .... he said the engine was running sweet, and solid....and the underneath was in great condition. :)

By 3.30pm the car was ready for me to rush down to Surrey RR...however on leaving i heard a slight rattling noise coming from under the car....SHIT is what came into my head....luckily i was only 200 yards away from the garage so turned around and asked what it could be....now my experience of garages in the past...i would have been greeted with rolling eyes and made to feel like i was a royal pain in the arse...but James got it straight back on the ramp and the guys adjusted the exhaust for me as it was sitting too close to the protective shield - 10 minutes later and it was ready to go again...this time running sweet as ever!

As soon as they fired it up i got a semi lob-on ;) ..... the noise when revving was awsome! :eyebrows:

Finally left at around 4.30pm and all i can say is i had the biggest grin on my chops all the way home! Its hitting 1.1 - 1.2 BAR now.... reason i say that is by the time it got to 1.1 BAR i had to have a quick check on the road!! Didn't have time for the RR but will head down there in the next week or so to see what BHP i now have!! :D

Well worth the EXTREMELY reasonable invoice i ended up with for James suppling and fitting all my new parts (except the FCD).

Also found out i have a fiberglass bonnet which is a nice little result for weight distribution etc!!

All in all...a pukka day.

I would HIGHLY recommend to anyone considering going, to head straight down to ToyotaGT to see for themselves!

'Appy days!! :D :D :D

Yeah we fed him a loada XXX we even pretended his car is great ;):D

Cheers James was a pleasure :cool:

James

Ha ha - honestly mate, that is a decent set up you have there and the knowledge and customer service to back it up.... make sure you get on here as a Trader fella :)

Also found out i have a fiberglass bonnet which is a nice little result for weight distribution etc!!

Congratulations James

You'll probably find the GRP bonnet weighs the same, if not more than the stock aluminium bonnet to be honest.

Congratulations James

You'll probably find the GRP bonnet weighs the same, if not more than the stock aluminium bonnet to be honest.

Was gonna say the same, Im sure the standard bonnet is increadibly light as standard bonnets go.....Im sure there are like aluminium to start with......;)

I'm glad it's not just me singing their praises!! Glad you like BPU mate :)

Went along myself today, and I was impressed with his setup down there, nice little location, albeit a bitch to turn a Supra around in.......ToyotaGT and Phoenix are defintily on the same page in my book......;)

cool, cheers mate :thumbs:

might pop down there as im half bpu'd at the moment - if i ever manage to get some front lights on my car that is ;)

Soon mate, soon :)

Who are these Toyota GT then?

I've seen them mentioned a fair bit lately and they don't appear to be traders. What history do they have etc?

They began building a good reputation on IMOC as 3S service centre (thats where I found them) and have since branched out into other Toyotas and sometimes even other Japanese marques.

I haven't got a bad word to say about them.

So how would you decribe to the non bpu people who maybe considering this as this always gets asked alot. Did you notice any difference ? :rolleyes:

:D:D:D

its bloody amazing mate - throttle response is much better...and as for when you bot it...once it goes over 0.8 BAR it turns into an absolute MONSTER!!

i wanna go out again right now for a play!! :eyebrows:

so my advice would be....doooooo it!! :D

Who are these Toyota GT then?

I've seen them mentioned a fair bit lately and they don't appear to be traders. What history do they have etc?

as Gaz said they started off doing MR2's mainly under there sister company 3S Service Centre.....now branching onto the Supra scene in a big way and have called this company ToyotaGT, as 3S doesn't mean much in the Supra world.

I'm sure James would/should become a trader on here soon.....he would certainly seem to get enough "yes" votes!!

I'm sure James would/should become a trader on here soon.....he would certainly seem to get enough "yes" votes!!

I'm sure he's planning on it ;) but needs to trade for a while without trader status to show his services and what he offers. I'm sure he'll be getting a lot of "yes" votes too though. His customer service is pretty much second to none.

I'm sure he's planning on it ;) but needs to trade for a while without trader status to show his services and what he offers. I'm sure he'll be getting a lot of "yes" votes too though. His customer service is pretty much second to none.

exactly mate - i think the more "word-of-mouth" praise he gets on here over time will help get the trader status. :)