The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is my car over-priced?

Conrad

My TT has been up for sale now for nearly 2 weeks and although I thought it was fairly priced I've had very little interest.

Just the one comment on the ad from this forum, a few silly cash offers from my ebay ad and a couple offers of px from my pistonheads ad.

I know Supra's are dropping in price but I thought mine should be worth around £6.5k! I'm not one of them day dreamer sorts who thinks his '94 SZ is worth £6k either!

If I have overpriced it then what is it actually worth?

Advert Link

Thanks for the re-assurance guys.

I had factored in that Xmas was coming up but still thought I would have had more interest. I was thinking about dropping the price more to get it sold but I made that mistake last year with my BPU Sup pictured in my garage.

I was desperate to go backpacking just after Xmas and let that go for a shocking £5600!! And trust me, that car was immaculate!

I'll leave the pistonheads ad up and keep the one on this forum, if it sells then great. If not I'll wait til the spring.

BMX1 - I think those things on the window are part of some GPS aerial that used to be on the car. Keep meaning to take them off...

I don't think it's particularly overpriced either. I sold my BPU Supra recently for 6 grand and it took less than a week to sell. Your car looks nicer than mine.

If it's any help, I can suggest a couple of things from your advert that might put people off.

- Interior is a mess. Is that a rip on the driver's seat? Take a photo that disguises it. Remove mats if they're discoloured and also cover the dash in Autoglym Vinyl & Rubber Care. Clean the exhaust.

- Take pictures of the car in a nice location. Not a building site.

- Remove anything negative about the car. You can tell people anything serious on the phone. Anything minor they can spot for themselves. (obviously this doesn't apply to an ebay ad)

Remember, for a lot of people buying a sports car won't be a rational, well-considered decision. It will be gut instinct based on the look of the car, how you come across and whether anything serious is found on the test-drive. Don't give them any reason to dismiss the car before they've even contacted you!

Here is my car ad:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=126065

I used the same wording and photos on Pistonheads classifieds, which is where the buyer saw the car. I sold another car on Pistonheads the day before too :)

Its possibly overpriced for an instant sale, in the run up to Christmas.

Its probably overpriced compared to the stuff coming into Southampton docks these days.

Its definately overpriced in the eyes of those that see Supras as just another older car with a strong engine and pretty body shape that can be bought cheaper and done up a bit.

But no, its not overpriced for what it actually is.