The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Next car after Supra?

Justin

Not that I want to sell or can afford a new car but there will be a time when our Supes will be out of date. What car next for not silly money?

I could not see that there would be a car that is fast as hell, looks striking, handles well etc to take the place of the Supe but recently my interest has been tickled by the Noble. In autotrader you can get an M12 for £25K.

Shame there isn't a Jap engine in it though. They use bloody V6 Ford Mondeo engines for it.

It looks gorgeous apart from the rear end is a bit odd and the rear lights look rubbish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_Automotive_Ltd#Noble_M12

Any people not like this motor? :Popcorn:

Last shape STI scoob or a DC5.... are the two i look at occatioanlly. Possibly even another SX.

None of them have the power or presence of the supra, but to me the supras a once in a lifetime ownership thing. At some point im going to have to get sensible(ish). Scoob has 4 doors.... :rolleyes:

Only drawback to the dc5 to me is the fact its FWD, and all my cars untill now have been RWD, which i like.

The Noble M12 is a fantastic car, the mechanic I used to use had one, and my sisters nieghbour has one and I have had the pleasure of driving it a few times.

It is a bonkers car the brakes are great and the acceleration is awsome, and the grip (they don't have TC) is brilliant.

I must admit I would 100% consider one of these if I had the money.

Noble's are fantastic to drive, so much fun and so much grip, I LOVED IT - took a few supercars round Mallory Park near Leceister for the day - including:

Noble M12

Lamborghini Diablo

Porsche 996

Lotus Exige (Hair Dryer)

Dodge Viper

Mercedes SL55 AMG

Came 2nd out of 120 people and 1st in my group of 40 for the days racing.

i would go with the mustang, but dont expect it to go round corners its american

:rolleyes:

Corvette C6 Z06 laps the Nurburgring in 7min 42secs. As it's American, and because the Nurburgring has lots of corners, I guess that has to be pretty slow then.

(Others have been slower though - Murcielago(7min 43secs), Zonda S(7min 44secs), Ferrari 599GTB Fiorano(7min 47secs).......)