The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ride along

Guest RickTT

Hi everyone,

i'll introduce my self first, my name is rick and i live in salisury, looking to get a uk tt at some point in the very very near future. however as you may imagine getting a test drive at 20 is proving quite difficult.

What i was hopeing is that someone in my area or the south in general might be able to take me for a quick spin so i can get a feel for what the car should be like before i buy one.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

p.s if im being really picky a manual car would be perfect :)

I obviously cannot help you on a test drive but I can offer a little bit of advice and a gentle warning.

The chances of you finding a manual UK spec car are quite remote and even if you do, your budget had better be reasonably large as these normally attract premium prices. ;)

I think at current, getting insurance one one of these cars at your age, is not going to happen. Check this first. Lots of people have been turned down of late.

Manual is the best and jap spec is quicker ;)

Welcome :D

Insurance is a piece of piss on a uk spec. i was qouted £750 fc at 20 on one of these

i know they are rare but i can afford to wait until the right car at the right price comes up.

as for insurance i have had a confirmed quote for a uk tt so im hopeing that won't be a problem. but getting insurance on an import would be much more difficult.

Edit: im looking for meets near me but nothing seems to be going on atm

Edit: lol double post before i even finished my first

i know they are rare but i can afford to wait until the right car at the right price comes up.

as for insurance i have had a confirmed quote for a uk tt so im hopeing that won't be a problem. but getting insurance on an import would be much more difficult.

Edit: lol double post before i even finished my first

If you dont mind me asking, what sort of budget have you set yourself?

If you dont mind me asking, what sort of budget have you set yourself?

max of around 10k. i want a mechanically strong car, body work isnt to much of a problem.

we have a meet going on the 10th Nov. Your more than welcome to pop along. It is in Chippenham. Dont know about someone taking you out, but you can only ask. At least you will get to met some of us and see some of the cars:)

PS I was 20/21 when I had me first supe N/A

we have a meet going on the 10th Nov. Your more than welcome to pop along. It is in Chippenham. Dont know about someone taking you out, but you can only ask. At least you will get to met some of us and see some of the cars:)

PS I was 20/21 when I had me first supe N/A

sounds like a plan, i've have to do some sweet talking in the mean time ;)

ola and welcome mate

Good luck with your find!

Thanks

sounds like a plan, i've have to do some sweet talking in the mean time ;)

Mines a UK TT but in serious need of TLC and Service, so you won't get a real feel for what the car would be like. As for deleting a post I think you need to PM a MOD or just edit it.