The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Searching MkIV forums?

xeno

Am I missing something or is the search feature here not very flexible.

Boolean searches seem not to be supported, or are they?

If they are I can't make it work.

I was looking for any threads relating to how to tell what turbo's I have. Such as markings or shape, basically any tell tail signs of what type they are. I'm guessing I have the ceramic J-spec one's, but I might be wrong.

Can't find anything about it by searching.:banghead:

What's the best ways to search? Any tips?

Cheers.

As Rob says a search isn't going to help you much in this case. The only way to tell if you have hybrid turbo's is to remove a turbo and get measuring the internals.

I really doubt you have them, otherwise there would be a nice big receipt for one in the service history. Has it been decatted?

No outward signs...... Ah bugger....

A search term with the phrase "turbo hybrid" in it, brings up what seems to be a random selection of threads. The search seems to look for either word, but not specifically both, the problem is that most threads on here have the word "turbo" in them. :p

Where as if you could type in "turbo+hybrid" or "turbo AND hybrid", to make it require both words be present, it would return more relevent results.

I dunno if the search parameters can be changed to include boolean searches, but it would make life easier.

As Rob says a search isn't going to help you much in this case. The only way to tell if you have hybrid turbo's is to remove a turbo and get measuring the internals.

I really doubt you have them, otherwise there would be a nice big receipt for one in the service history. Has it been decatted?

DeCat.... That's one more thing to check. The car was imported only just over a year ago, and I'm told it's not unusual for the cars to come over with no history. The only UK history is MOT papers. The Mods were done before the car was imported.

The exhaust is not original, and might be de-catted. I'll need to know how to tell if this is the case too. :)

So many questions......:blink:

DeCat.... That's one more thing to check. The car was imported only just over a year ago, and I'm told it's not unusual for the cars to come over with no history. The only UK history is MOT papers. The Mods were done before the car was imported.

The exhaust is not original, and might be de-catted. I'll need to know how to tell if this is the case too. :)

So many questions......:blink:

All normal questions ;)

If you want further info on decatting and all that it involves, have a read here: bpu

If you can, get some pics of the downpipe and 2nd cat pipe to see if they still contain cats.

Thanks Nic, that's gonna be a huge help, being able to see it like that. At least I got an idea what I'm looking for.

I'm the second UK owner. The first uk owner didn't do anything to the car. So any mods were done abroad.

HKS fuel ignition timing computer

Blitz boost controller

Blitz FATT Turbo timer

Defi Guages and link unit

BOV

Induction kit

Exhaust

That's the main mods I know of.

But he's still not had the question about searching answered. ;)

This is true. The threads kinda gone off topic a bit, but it's all good. Even though the search question is unanswered, I'm finding out some of the stuff I wanted to know. :D

Someone might even answer that search question yet....

Many thanks for all the help.

Sorry, missed your original question. Boolean searches are not supported.
You lie! :p Boolean search are supported. If you put in "turbo hybrid" you will only get threads that contain both the word "turbo" and "hybrid". If you want the search words to appear in the same post then select the "Search Posts" instead of "Search Threads" option when doing the search.

"turbo hybrid" would yield a search for the phrash 'turbo hybrid' wouldn't it?

surely turbo AND hybrid would search for both?

The default search operation is AND. So entering turbo hybrid will return 287 thread results which contain both words. Searching for turbo and hybrid returns the same results. Searching for turbo, hybrid, turbo not hybrid or turbo or hybrid all return the maximum 500 search results. (Not surprising given how common both of those words are)

If you want to find the phrase "turbo hybrid" then you would search for "turbo hybrid"

You can also use the relavance search option if the results aren't what you want.