The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2nd hand Jap wheels from America

vvteye

I found a great site for 2nd hand Jap wheels a few months ago but kept quiet as I didn't want to compete with you guys :p

here they are...

http://www.rbwheels.com/images/IMG_0942.JPG

These are the Racing Harts C2 at 17 inch as I'm too tight to get new tyres and change the handling etc.

I've bought these for £550 plus a £100 to refurb up to new and £140 postage, I am now in a position to disclose the site as

http://www.rbwheels.com/

They also put these on ebay and I made an offer of $200 below the asking price which they accepted so if you do buy from them you must haggle!

But if I want to change them in the future, you must all leave this site immediately

Id just like to say a big thanks!

How often is it updated?

monthly

So the 140 postage included the taxes when the wheels arrived...?

doubt it, I am waiting for that import hit as well

Are the prices on that site per wheel or for a set of four? Also where it says units is that the number of wheels you require?

for a set of 4 they may have more than one set in as sometimes theay also get new stock

I dont suppose you have a link to the ebay shop do you, as I have found some wheels I like and was wandering if they are on ebay

Cheers DodgyRog
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_cool.gif

http://stores.ebay.com/jdmautohouse

enjoy :eyebrows:

Thanks for that.

The eBay store doesn't give a price for international shipping. Any idea how much they charge and how good the delivery is?

140 quid for shipping (air) but as I wanted mine repolished I haven't had them yet. He was keen to move them out within a day though as he needed my phone numbr. Should be here in under a week so I'll update you on the import costs and the quality of delivery. It does look like a big outfit though and the web was updated to allow currency recently.

:thanks:

Cheers DodgyRog

If you do go for them make sure you make an offer as for the $1300 rims I made an offer of $1000 which was rejected then $1100 and he accepted. You are committed then though which I wasn't quite prepared for. That is I hadn't told the missus!

:)Thanks for the info about making an offer.

I have told the missus already as she holds the purse strings;)

I am very interested to find out how your wheels are when they arrive as I am very tempted by a set:sly:

Cheers DodgyRog

Ok they've arrived as predicted at 1pm today. They are exactly as photographed with the rims polished up to remove the curb rash (rather than full refurb as I suggested in my first post) and they were then covered in tape for protection.

The best bit is that they didn't get caught for import duty :):):)

The guy turned up with them, interpro signed, and off they went.

Won't be on the car for a week or so but I'll post up piccies when they are.

The point is however, the deal went through like clockwork with no hidden surprises or additional costs.

In a years time I hope to step up the anti from these guys and bring a real decent set in but currently, as they say on the fast show, I'll mostly be paying my interpro fees! :rolleyes: