The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car still in paintshop teaser pics

brians25

well its been in there 6 weeks now, painted this morn at last, baby blue with house of color finegrade metal flakes in iceblue through it, this is hard to see as the pics were taken on mobile phone, chargespeed bonnet still to go on an full rebuild to go now, wonder how long thats gonna take?

01112007.jpg

01112007(004).jpg

01112007(003).jpg

01112007(002).jpg

the pics are a bit crappy but i only had my phone camere with me which is a 2 meg crapper nokkia. will post some quality pics once i get the car back from the paintshop, the metal flakes look the total business in the sunlight even though you cant see them in these pics

Fair do's.

When I had mine resprayed a few years ago for a similar price they had all the glass removed and put back after by an independent windscreen guy. Other than the windscreen (possible chips etc.) they covered any damage to the rest of the glass.

Not a major issue but I think it's better to have them out, my paint guy didn't make too much of a fuss about taking them out so I'm suprised to hear that it's common to leave them in. BTW they were taken out as I saw it in progress;)

Nice colour though :)

yeah the colour is a one off, so i am gettin a couple litre spare just incase, was made by C>A>R>S bodyshop in west lothian, once the car is finished i'll try an get some pics in the sun with my proper camera to show off the metalflakes, they really look good in the sunlight and i would recommend them to anyone, they are the house of color ice blue ones.

thanks for the positive comments so far, i know its a bit lairy but you have to be different