The mkiv Supra Owners Club

body kit help

bmx1lew

http://www.obtuse.de/Bilder/MKIV/pics/9.jpg

Right Lads i really love these skirts ^^, where can i get replica Blitz skirts from and how much also i have looked and can only find skirts and front bumper together, also as a rough estimate what do you think it would cost to have the following done, Blitz side skirts fully smoothed in , replica ridox rear spats smoothed in and replica ridox front bumper, all bumpers matching the original color.

where would you recommend and what am i look at price wise.

also what do you guys think? does that sound like a good combo of body parts or would you say get the ridox's skirts to complete the ridox kit?

once the kit is on im going to go with a replica carbon fiber top secret bonnet.

here my soop as it stands

I wont be putting a spoiler on, i love how the curvs on the rear arches stand out, really looks like a Aston mart from the side it has a profesional look, i kind want to keep that aswell

imageimage

As you may know i have been looking at kits for a while now and i cannot make my mind up, i simply love the standard look, i like my car's subtle and sleek however i want to add a tiny bit more aggression, hens why i love the fully smoothed in blitz skirts, subtle, yet the larger vents set it off for me, also why im a bit iffy on the ridox skirts as the vents look tiny... but then again i love carbon fiber... :eyebrows:

Damn your car is hot... if I were you I would NOT change a thing - everything looks so well balanced!

Look at that last picture and tell me that doesn't look hot? Furthermore, look at that last picture and tell me that if you lowered it 1 or 2 inches, it wouldn't look even more mean? That colour, those wheels and the lack of a rear wing really looks good.

Only suggestion from me apart from lowering it is to get a late model front bumper, clear front and side indicators, and paint the lip on the stock front bumper. It will cost you a helluva lot less than buying Ridox bodykit parts (not to mention the TS hood) and will look just as mean.

To answer your other questions, smoothing the skirts/spats may cause you major problems depending on how well it is done and how bumpy the roads are - you don't want the paint splitting do you?

Ridox parts cost a LOT and are hard to get - MVP sell original bumpers for US$819/1225 for fibreglass and carbon fiber accented versions, and US$357/525 for fibreglass/carbon accented rear skirts.

Whifbitz do them for the following prices:

Front bumper with under panel fibreglass

£485

Front bumper with under panel carbon fibre

£593

Rear side skirts fibreglass

£193

Rear side skirts carbon fibre

£237

Or they do Ridox copies/replicas for the following prices:

Front bumper

£430

Front bumper with carbon lower section

£530

Rear skirts

£144

Rear skirts carbon lower section

£199

muchos gracias for all the info, yeah i really love the car as it stands, yeah its on the to do list, lowering and getting rid of the orange side blobs, reason i want to make it look more agressive is when i go to meets my car looks so plain next to every one else's, so thought maybe if i try keep it subtle but add a few extra's it might fit in more.

Well as more and more people put on bodykits, kitted cars are becoming the plain ones, and the nicely put together stock ones are becoming the standouts :-). To see what I mean, look at the pics from local Jap meets and you can see some common trends (people going for those god awful over fenders and 747 wings/spoilers).

If your Supra was plain alpine silver or white with stock rims, stock rim and stock height, then it may be considered plain by some. However I don't think many people could say your car looks plain/boring with those rims, wingless look (and as mentioned, if it were lowered slightly and the front bar/indicators painted and updates).

At the end of the day aesthetics are very subjective so you have to do what you think will look best - this is just my take on things :-).

Either way you've got a stunning Supra!