The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single Coversion

SupraD06

does anyone know a rough cost to change to a single turbo setup? i currently have FMIC, Greedy Boost controller, Apexi Fuel Neo, NGK Plugs, HKS Fuel cut defencer, Full De-Cat and running 18psi a TT setup and was wondering how much and what id need to change to say a T61 single setup??????

thanks for that guys, was expecting it to be around the 8k mark, how practical is a single setup running around 500-550 horsepower?? is it to much power for the car in the wet?? and is it still a similar spool time i.e 4500rpm for the turbo to kick in? i know i could find this info if i searched around but seen as you guys know about it.....

thanks for that guys, was expecting it to be around the 8k mark, how practical is a single setup running around 500-550 horsepower?? is it to much power for the car in the wet?? and is it still a similar spool time i.e 4500rpm for the turbo to kick in? i know i could find this info if i searched around but seen as you guys know about it.....

I really think you need to get a drive in one, any explanation on the forum isn't really going to explain the differences (pro's and con's) as well as actually being sat in one.

However, I'll try and answer some of your questions.

Mine was mapped quite conservatively and for daily use rather than for outright power. As a daily driver it was flawless, no cold/hotstart issues, would be fine for the short trips to the supermarket, etc.

It made 545 hp at the flywheel and was ferociously quick when on boost. It is next to useless in the wet as it's near impossible to put so much torque down when there is little grip. RLTC would help a great deal on a single.

The spool in very low gears happens later than the TT, there is no tiny 1st turbo helping things out at low rpm, so it feels like an NA up to 4500rpm in say 1st and 2nd.

Things change significantly when you get into the higher gears (3rd to 6th), the boost comes on sooner than the TT and with far more punch. In 4th my T67 would be full boost by 3600rpm, so FAR more power than the TT and much sooner in the rev range.

Choose a setup based on your driving style and get rides in some different setups to see what you prefer.

Check out this graph which shows power curves for different turbo setups, ranging from hybrids to mad, all results from SRR.

http://www.zen85016.zen.co.uk/turbocomp/turbocomp1.JPG