The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Keep it or sell it???

ADD

Guys and gals i'm not sure about what to do with the soop anymore, id love to go single and have that huge power but i'd also love to get an M3. looking at the pros and cons on the two, if i go single im gonna have to spend prob 2k ish on the turbo, manifold, wastegate etc and another £500 (?) for fitting, then things could go wrong, gearbox, torque converter, fuelling etc...but if i get an M3 i'l have some good power, they look real nice, sound great BUT normally people that drive M3's are right twots....im confused on what i should do, now i know this is a supra owners club and the majority will be sayin go single but i;d still appreciate some decent input.

cheers

Guys and gals i'm not sure about what to do with the soop anymore, id love to go single and have that huge power but i'd also love to get an M3. looking at the pros and cons on the two, if i go single im gonna have to spend prob 2k ish on the turbo, manifold, wastegate etc and another £500 (?) for fitting, then things could go wrong, gearbox, torque converter, fuelling etc...but if i get an M3 i'l have some good power, they look real nice, sound great BUT normally people that drive M3's are right twots....im confused on what i should do, now i know this is a supra owners club and the majority will be sayin go single but i;d still appreciate some decent input.

cheers

sounds like you have already made your mind up "twot":D:p

in the time it's taken you to write that, about 10 m3's have probably driven past your house. depends if you use your car allot or what. as an every dayer i'd say m3

Nah it wouldn't be a everyday car, ive got one for that.....i just thinking about if i go single the problems i could potentially have after.

I had an M3 before the Supra, to be honest I see the M3 as a step backwards in terms of outright performance. I find them much easier to drive hard, but they have no where near the 'thrill' factor of the Supra.

If you're thinking of changing only for 'power' reasons I suspect you will be very disapointed.

I had an M3 before the Supra, to be honest I see the M3 as a step backwards in terms of outright performance. I find them much easier to drive hard, but they have no where near the 'thrill' factor of the Supra.

If you're thinking of changing only for 'power' reasons I suspect you will be very disapointed.

and what you getting next darryl:D

not only power but for comfort, bit more class and for the fact i kinda just fancy one.

Nic- are they really bad? i'd of thought with that 340 they wouldn't be too bad.

They are very well engineered, smooth, reliable, but :yawn: they just don't do anything for me, just a bit too smooth, too easy and too detached from what's going on.

If the cost of the single is a factor, it's also worth being realistic about the resale value of the Supra when you make your decision. Despite the fact that people want them to be worth lots, they don't seem to be selling easily at the moment and certainly not for the price a lot of people would want them to. Financially, the single might make the most sense.

If the cost of the single is a factor, it's also worth being realistic about the resale value of the Supra when you make your decision. Despite the fact that people want them to be worth lots, they don't seem to be selling easily at the moment and certainly not for the price a lot of people would want them to. Financially, the single might make the most sense.

thats very true mate thanks for that :thumbs:

I was gutted when my twins blew but now having a single as my everyday car to get to work :blink: the fun :eyebrows: you might want to factor in a bit more money than £2500 i.e. consider your gearbox (which I'm currently upgrading to running more power), fueling, EMS etc etc at the end of the day you want to car to run right and be reliable!

I do know how you feel i constantly have itchy feet for something new and i keep thing out either a 997 or a R34 GTR but i could only afford to buy a standard one and performance wise it would be a step down :(