The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Eagle F1 tyres now unattainable - help!!!!!

Vantage

I have 255 -40-17 Z rated Eagle F1 tyres on the rear of the TT.Puncture in one of them, only 3000 miles on the tyres, only to be told that these uni-directional F1's are on back order for at least 3 months.

Do not fancy changing both tyres to another brand/type , so does anyone know of anyone who has this tyre available?????????

The tyres at present are Z rated , does anybody know if this is the OEM spec for this model?????

Many thanks

James

I am in the same situation as I have eagle f1s on my 19s and 1 of the tyres has a puncture and I contacted etyres.co.uk and they informed me that they had some eagle f1s in stock but only in selected sizes. Here is there contact number if it hepls you

0800 028 9000

etyres.co.uk

oh they also do mobile fitting which is handy

:)

I am in the same situation as I have eagle f1s on my 19s and 1 of the tyres has a puncture and I contacted etyres.co.uk and they informed me that they had some eagle f1s in stock but only in selected sizes. Here is there contact number if it hepls you

0800 028 9000

etyres.co.uk

oh they also do mobile fitting which is handy

:)

many thanks , have tried them - guess what ? same answer

I have 255 -40-17 Z rated Eagle F1 tyres on the rear of the TT.Puncture in one of them, only 3000 miles on the tyres, only to be told that these uni-directional F1's are on back order for at least 3 months.

Do not fancy changing both tyres to another brand/type , so does anyone know of anyone who has this tyre available?????????

The tyres at present are Z rated , does anybody know if this is the OEM spec for this model?????

Many thanks

James

I believe you're the man that cancelled his Merc SL order...in which case, stop being cheap and buy 2x replacement Goodyear F1 Assimetric tyres...the replacements for the GSD3's.

;)

I am delighted to hear these tyres are not available, I think they are totally awful. One of the most uncomplementry tyres to a Supra ever.

The best tyre by a considerable margain for the Supra is the Bridgestone RE050a (not the run flat version).

Comparison IMO

higher the score the better

G/year RE050a

Road noise 2 / 9

Wet wrip 7 / 9

geasy road grip drivability 5 / 8

dry handling 6 / 9

off line traction 6 / 10

gradual breakaway 5 / 9.5

stopping distance 8 / 9

Hope this clarifys a little for you. I have had two cars with RE050a and two with F1's.

"I believe you're the man that cancelled his Merc SL order...in which case, stop being cheap and buy 2x replacement Goodyear F1 Assimetric tyres...the replacements for the GSD3's."

thank you for your constructive comments !!!!!!! but have now found a tyre,

yes I AM HE WHO CANCELLED the SL ORDER - went straight out and bought XKR

I am delighted to hear these tyres are not available, I think they are totally awful. One of the most uncomplementry tyres to a Supra ever.

The best tyre by a considerable margain for the Supra is the Bridgestone RE050a (not the run flat version).

Comparison IMO

higher the score the better

G/year RE050a

Road noise 2 / 9

Wet wrip 7 / 9

geasy road grip drivability 5 / 8

dry handling 6 / 9

off line traction 6 / 10

gradual breakaway 5 / 9.5

stopping distance 8 / 9

Hope this clarifys a little for you. I have had two cars with RE050a and two with F1's.

completly agree. they came on mine and have had them on other cars before and a without a shadow of a doubt the worse tyres ever.good in v.wet condition but as grippy as wet toilet paper in the dry.have had uniroyals with better grip!!

would give u mine but ive only got them left on the fronts now

completly agree. they came on mine and have had them on other cars before and a without a shadow of a doubt the worse tyres ever.good in v.wet condition but as grippy as wet toilet paper in the dry.have had uniroyals with better grip!!

would give u mine but ive only got them left on the fronts now

no problem and thanks for the kind offer

i got a price fo Eagle F1's today, £94 fitted s that good? mobile guy as wel, he comes to me

Well I paid £105 fitted for my GSD3's fitted to my current car, which was a good price. But that was in the 225/40/R18 format, of which are probably considerably smaller in width than the ones Supra's need....??

£94 sounds too cheap!