The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Selling my car and hopefully a nw supra member

Amir khan

Hi all just thought id show my face around here.

Need a little advice. Im currently driving a Rover coupe http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/255563.htm ( tell me what you think)

And i am about to put a deposit down on a Supra twin turbo Uk model. 40k service history, for £5500

I think this is a good price after doing some research, only thing is it needs a front bonnet and wing respray.

I plan on tuning this car up. I know the uk spec has less hp :( does anyone know the bhp of these?

Also should this lack of hp be a factor to buy a jap spec for tuning purposes?

What bhp gains can i expect from a full exhaust system and a decat?

last question. What are the main things i should be looking out for when buying a supra? what are the most likely thing to go wrong?

Thanks in advance for your replies and i look forward to becoming part of the supra community :):)

Yeah, the mileage and price doesn't quite add up. I'm not saying don't consider it, but do make sure it is as solid (structurally, mechanically and legally) as the owner no doubt says it is.

:conf::think: yeah, sounds too good to be true. If theyre saying its a manual too....:Pling:

Is it off a website? What category prang is it? Could be shifting it cause its a write off :search: Have you got a link?

L

ha ha ha, well i dont plan on making it look like the rover, i wanted to do it while i was young, its the sort of thing you only get away with once. its time for me to grow up.

Anyway, the supra is a auto and its an IMPORT, (sorry if i said UK)and the person who owned it is quite a shifty character. its bin parked there for about a good year, only moved on weekend.

The only reason hes selling is becasue i asked, its not advertised.

The prang is minor very small dent but paint has chiped on the wing. like its brushed againsted a small wall.

Il try to get some pics up for you guys,

about the lack of horsepower in the jap model. i got this info from wikipedia

' twin turbocharged 2JZ-GTE making 276 bhp (239 kW) and 260 ft·lbf (352 N·m) of torque for the Japanese version. For the export model (America/Europe) Toyota upgraded the Supra turbo's engine (larger turbochargers, bigger fuel injectors, etc.). This increased the power output to 320 hp (239 kW) @5600 rpm and 315 ft·lbf (427 N·m) @4000 rpm. The turbocharged variant could achieve 0–60 mph in as low as 4.6 seconds'

thanks all

If you check out the supra guides on the main page here they give a good breakdown and comparison but as many that have been over here have been modified ,a totally stock one is rare. the 'gentlemans agreement' on power is well known but jspec's have been dyno'd at similar bhp to UK so dont let it put you off ;)

Lx

sorry for the late reply, im in slough.

Thanks for the offer that would be great as you def have more exprience with these cars than me.

Im looking to purchase it in december, jus need to pull somewhere near to a grand together before then

What are the main differences between the jap and uk models?